dang, they grow 'em big in Florida

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

dang, they grow 'em big in Florida

Postby greybeard » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:34 am

I don't think I would be that close and sure not layin on the ground taking pictures.

Story and video:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video-captures ... d=44813600

I read elsewhere, this one was 14'. :hide:
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Re: dang, they grow 'em big in Florida

Postby M-5 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:02 am

Ive seen several that size and had one very close to it on my line several yrs ago , Fought him for 1.5hrs before he finally snagged me in a brush top. Uncle killed one in the pond behind our house in the 90's that was 13'9"
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:23 am

I read somewhere he is only 12ft yeah that is big but I have seen them catch a lot bigger on Swamp People and even seen one they said was 13 on a farm. Another show I use to watch I seen them catch some bigger ones in Florida and Mississippi. I don't get the fuss over a 12 ft gator.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

JSCATTLE
GURU
GURU

Postby JSCATTLE » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:06 am

I know where there use to be a 12'3 " . I think he was seen eating a calf and was run out of the pond .
When I was a kid, my dad and I did alot of fishing out of a 10 ft aluminum boat . I've seen several bigger than out boat in the sloughs of the sabine and Neches rivers . Kinda scarry when they pop up along side and the head sticks past one end and the tail the other..
0 x
God bless America .. 1/20/17 ..

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:06 am

JSCATTLE wrote:I know where there use to be a 12'3 " . I think he was seen eating a calf and was run out of the pond .
When I was a kid, my dad and I did alot of fishing out of a 10 ft aluminum boat . I've seen several bigger than out boat in the sloughs of the sabine and Neches rivers . Kinda scarry when they pop up along side and the head sticks past one end and the tail the other..

When I was still able hunted the forks of the Angelina and Neches this is a network of sloughs.
There were some monsters in there.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”