Trapping Coyotes

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
ez14.
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Trapping Coyotes

Postby ez14. » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:25 am

woodchuck is just like beef to chunk it up and make a stew or like a roast no one will know its not beef!
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:03 pm

wacocowboy wrote:
greybeard wrote:My place is a lot closer Waco, and the terrain ain't nearly as bad as what Jo's pictures show....

I guess beavers are common East of 45? We had two stop in here for a minute a long time ago then they were gone never seen another one. Have you ever tried to eat one or are you not as adventurous with your food as Jo?

No I have not knowingly ingested any aquatic rodents, tho I may have when I was in the Philippines or SE Asia. The ones I have killed here, either sunk when I shot them and didn't come up for a day or 2 or were in the connibear & dead too long for me to consider doing anything with. Gave one to a neighbor because he wanted to try to preserve the hide. They stink bad enough freshly killed, I really hate messing with them after they've been dead very long. Smell worse than a 5 day dead calf.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:08 pm

greybeard wrote:My place is a lot closer Waco, and the terrain ain't nearly as bad as what Jo's pictures show....

Shut your mouth. I was just getting a nibble. Besides, my beavers are more organicker than yours are I'm sure. And they are gluten free. :lol2:
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Here ya go Jo, caught another one Friday. The snare draws tighter and tighter the more the yote fights it.

0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:31 pm

Thanks. Haven't seen one like that. Of course that's not saying much because its all relatively new to me.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:48 pm

That's a bent washer lock, works just like a lock on a drowning rig.
0 x
Red Bull Breeder wrote:So Queenie works ok now?

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Years ago my trapping partner made some extra long snares for an experiment that didn't work out. So the follow year we were trapping muskrats in the irrigation water waste ways in the Columbia basin. Coyotes had paths beat down along both sides of the drains. We set these 16-20 foot long snares where the trails went under fences. The soil is almost pure sand so tracks showed up real well. A coyote would get in a snare and go out to the end of the cable. When they hit the end they would turn and run back the other way. They would be going pretty fast when they hit the end 32-40 feet later. And they would be laying there dead as a door nail. No struggle at all.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”