NCAA March Madness

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: NCAA March Madness

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:52 am

SEC has 3 teams in the Elite 8. Testifies to a stronger conference than most thought.

Three of college basketball's traditions remain. Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina are the winningest programs in history.

De'Aaron Fox, 39 points. That must rank up there in the books for a sweet sixteen game.

The bottom of the bracket is loaded
KU vs Ore
UNC vs KY

At least one SEC team is automatic in final 4. Florida or South Carolina.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:51 am

haase wrote:Best game of the tournament, congratulations to the gators, good luck in the eight, badgers played them well for a 8 seed.

I don't watch many games but I did see a replay of the final play. That was fun to watch.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:13 am

Wow
Oregon squeaked out a 3 pt win over Rode Island 75-72 and got past Michigan by only 1 pt 69-68
No way I foresaw Oregon upsetting Kansas, let alone humiliating them by 14 and winning 74-60

Only 1 team in the nation will win 6 tournament games in a row, so far Gonzaga and Oregon both have 4

1 Gonzaga
vs
???

3 Oregon
vs
???
0 x

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:04 pm

Son of Butch wrote:Wow
Oregon squeaked out a 3 pt win over Rode Island 75-72 and got past Michigan by only 1 pt 69-68
No way I foresaw Oregon upsetting Kansas, let alone humiliating them by 14 and winning 74-60

Only 1 team in the nation will win 6 tournament games in a row, so far Gonzaga and Oregon both have 4

1 Gonzaga
vs
???

3 Oregon
vs
???

Most fans I'm talking to are hoping for Kentucky, N. Carolina are big and a deep bench. I'll say I don't think one Duck fan saw us beating Kansas let alone beating them by 14.
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:19 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Dave wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
As spectators maybe.

Zaga's are into the sweet 16. The one big challenge between now and the final four will be Arizona. And Arizona isn't looking too good against Saint Mary's right now.

Isn't that where the Zags always go to die?

I believe I called for the Zaga's to make the final four.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:16 pm

The women's tournament is much better BB.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Predictions

1 Gonzaga 73
7 South Carolina 68

1 North Carolina 77
3 Oregon 74

North Carolina 74
Gonzaga 70

Anyone else care to stick their neck out?
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:23 pm

Dave wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Dave wrote:
Zaga's are into the sweet 16. The one big challenge between now and the final four will be Arizona. And Arizona isn't looking too good against Saint Mary's right now.

Isn't that where the Zags always go to die?

I believe I called for the Zaga's to make the final four.

I'm a believer now Dave, color me a certified Zagnut!

I'm still on cloud 9 from Kentucky getting knocked out. What a great weekend!
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Hogtiming
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Hogtiming » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:28 pm

TexasBred wrote:The women's tournament is much better BB.

I have to disagree. A league that allows and promotes homosexuals I do not support. So until it is flashed all over the TV I'll stick with the men's bb
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:48 am

Hogtiming wrote:

I have to disagree. A league that allows and promotes homosexuals I do not support. So until it is flashed all over the TV I'll stick with the men's bb

Disagree all you want to Hog.....how many queers you think are on those men's teams?? You don't have to accept it but you better get use to it because it's not going to get any better. I as simply referring to the quality of the basketball being played not the social issues behind the players. But I don't remember seeing any lgbt commercials or hear any pro lgbt commentary. UCONN women might beat all 4 of the mens teams. :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:24 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Hogtiming wrote:

Disagree all you want to Hog.....how many queers you think are on those men's teams?? You don't have to accept it but you better get use to it because it's not going to get any better. I as simply referring to the quality of the basketball being played not the social issues behind the players. But I don't remember seeing any lgbt commercials or hear any pro lgbt commentary. UCONN women might beat all 4 of the mens teams. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're last line was a bit silly TB.

Lesbians are a big part of women's athletics and have been for years. That doesn't phase me in the least. What's killing the "girls" game is the dominance by UConn. This is so much worse than UCLA's run in the 60s-early 70s it's ridiculous. What's their streak up to now? 111 or so in a row?

Did I mention I'm still giddy over UK losing yet again when the brightest lights are on? Never before has a coach done so little with so much as coach Cal. I love that guy.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:49 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Hogtiming wrote: I have to disagree. A league that allows and promotes homosexuals I do not support. So until it is flashed all over the TV I'll stick with the men's bb

Lesbians are a big part of women's athletics and have been for years. That doesn't phase me in the least. What's killing the "girls" game is the dominance by UConn. This is so much worse than UCLA's run in the 60s-early 70s it's ridiculous. What's their streak up to now? 111 or so in a row?

Did I mention I'm still giddy over UK losing yet again when the brightest lights are on? Never before has a coach done so little with so much as coach Cal. I love that guy.

I don't know if you mean that to be serious! Without bias or prejudice, I don't think there is another coach on the planet who is able to duplicate what Cal does with freshman. Regardless of their talent level. His winning percentage has to be among the top for coaches in the last 10 years. Don't forget, his one-and-done strategy has the disadvantage of totally rebuilding each year. They have no foundation to bring in. No other program in the nation is using the one-and-done model to this extreme extent. You have a much better foundation in college sports than I do as I am more a fan of academics than sports. In fact, I think institutions of higher education would be better served without "professional sports". Despite your better foundation in sports, your statement is absurd!
0 x

Douglas
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Douglas » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:17 pm

Son of Butch wrote:Predictions

1 Gonzaga 73
7 South Carolina 68

1 North Carolina 77
3 Oregon 74

North Carolina 74
Gonzaga 70

Anyone else care to stick their neck out?

I like that one pretty good
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:37 pm

I am really liking it this year. The west coast and particularly the PNW gets no notice from the national sports media. And this year 2 teams in the final four are from the PNW. I have been busy and not kept up on the women's side of things but at the sweet 16 there were 5 teams in it from the Pac12.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:17 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Disagree all you want to Hog.....how many queers you think are on those men's teams?? You don't have to accept it but you better get use to it because it's not going to get any better. I as simply referring to the quality of the basketball being played not the social issues behind the players. But I don't remember seeing any lgbt commercials or hear any pro lgbt commentary. UCONN women might beat all 4 of the mens teams. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know if you mean that to be serious! Without bias or prejudice, I don't think there is another coach on the planet who is able to duplicate what Cal does with freshman. Regardless of their talent level. His winning percentage has to be among the top for coaches in the last 10 years. Don't forget, his one-and-done strategy has the disadvantage of totally rebuilding each year. They have no foundation to bring in. No other program in the nation is using the one-and-done model to this extreme extent. You have a much better foundation in college sports than I do as I am more a fan of academics than sports. In fact, I think institutions of higher education would be better served without "professional sports". Despite your better foundation in sports, your statement is absurd!

Raven,

In spite of the talent Cal has recruited since his days at Memphis he has but one title to show for it. That's underachieving. I'm a huge Duke fan and I much prefer the way we have done it historically but even Mike succumbed to the lure of the one and done players and danged if he didn't win a title in 2015 with 3 first round draft pick freshmen starters himself.

Face it, Cal is OVERRATED as a coach. I'll hand it to him that he's a great recruiter.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”