NCAA March Madness

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: NCAA March Madness

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:19 pm

"Don't forget, his one-and-done strategy has the disadvantage of totally rebuilding each year. They have no foundation to bring in. No other program in the nation is using the one-and-done model to this extreme extent."

And who does he have to blame for this? He chooses to live or die with the freshmen phenoms. Mostly he dies with 'em.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:41 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:"Don't forget, his one-and-done strategy has the disadvantage of totally rebuilding each year. They have no foundation to bring in. No other program in the nation is using the one-and-done model to this extreme extent."

And who does he have to blame for this? He chooses to live or die with the freshmen phenoms. Mostly he dies with 'em.

Has any other program been to more Final Fours in the last 8 years? I think UK holds that distinction. Has anyone won more National Championships during his tenure? I don't think so. How are you construing that to be FAILURE or subpar performance?

That one and done model took them to the Final Four in 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2015. I think they won a Championship in 2012. Who else has done That? You would be a fruitcake if you are a UK fan and advocate against Calipari. Admit it TT, you are jealous!!
0 x

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:51 pm

Bright raven, I have been reading your post and the only word that comes to mind is....Homer!

Go Ducks! Lol
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Alan wrote:Bright raven, I have been reading your post and the only word that comes to mind is....Homer!

Go Ducks! Lol

Alan, I have read only two words in your single post and the only word that comes to mind is....Homer!

:D
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:22 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:"Don't forget, his one-and-done strategy has the disadvantage of totally rebuilding each year. They have no foundation to bring in. No other program in the nation is using the one-and-done model to this extreme extent."

Has any other program been to more Final Fours in the last 8 years? I think UK holds that distinction. Has anyone won more National Championships during his tenure? I don't think so. How are you construing that to be FAILURE or subpar performance?

That one and done model took them to the Final Four in 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2015. I think they won a Championship in 2012. Who else has done That? You would be a fruitcake if you are a UK fan and advocate against Calipari. Admit it TT, you are jealous!!

They don't give you the big trophy for "going to" the final four. I stand by my assertion that he has been underachieving with the talent he's had. Coach K fought the same stigma until he finally broke through in 1991. He won again in '92 and then tallied 3 more titles over the years changing styles along with the times. Perhaps Cal can duplicate that feat but the sands are running through the hourglass on him and yes, the natives in Lexington are getting restless.

Frankly I'm stunned he hasn't landed Kentucky in the NCAA dog house like he did at UMass and Memphis.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:23 pm

Oh and as to jealousy. Not hardly, my team has never let me down.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:26 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

They don't give you the big trophy for "going to" the final four. I stand by my assertion that he has been underachieving with the talent he's had. Coach K fought the same stigma until he finally broke through in 1991. He won again in '92 and then tallied 3 more titles over the years changing styles along with the times. Perhaps Cal can duplicate that feat but the sands are running through the hourglass on him and yes, the natives in Lexington are getting restless.

Frankly I'm stunned he hasn't landed Kentucky in the NCAA dog house like he did at UMass and Memphis.

Sands are flowing on us all but I think Bill Self meets your criteria more than Cal does. I don't pay much attention to the restless fans. So no comment.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:34 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Sands are flowing on us all but I think Bill Self meets your criteria more than Cal does. I don't pay much attention to the restless fans. So no comment.

I agree on Self, he's underachieving too. Roy Williams will catch heat in Carolina if he fails to return with the title.

GO DUCKS!!!
0 x

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:18 pm

Duck Love from TT! Love it! Ducks and Zags in the final! Lol.

Go Ducks!
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:34 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

I agree on Self, he's underachieving too. Roy Williams will catch heat in Carolina if he fails to return with the title.

GO DUCKS!!!

Naw. Not on Roy. He has done well. He is too old to worry anyway.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:21 am

Bright Raven wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

GO DUCKS!!!

Naw. Not on Roy. He has done well. He is too old to worry anyway.

Tar Heel fans are nearly as insufferable as Cats fans, they are demanding a championship. They have served my purpose by vanquishing the evil doers so I'm all in for the Ducks and then the Zags.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:23 am

Alan wrote:Duck Love from TT! Love it! Ducks and Zags in the final! Lol.

Go Ducks!

Absolutely!

Beat the Heels!
0 x

Hogtiming
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Hogtiming » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:44 pm

Ducks vs cocks I hope. Gamecocks are the winners if I could pick. UNC will be hard to handle tho
0 x

tater74
Rancher
Rancher

Postby tater74 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Well, the Zags :clap: just took out the Gamecocks.
0 x
Nobody gets something for nothing unless somebody got nothing for something

"the cows are where your at,the bull is the direction your going...." ALACOWMAN

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:54 pm

Go Ducks!

Then Go Zags!
0 x