NCAA March Madness

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Re: NCAA March Madness

Postby Son of Butch » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:30 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TexasBred wrote:UCONN women might beat all 4 of the mens teams. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's killing the "girls" game is the dominance by UConn. What's their streak up to now? 111 or so in a row?

U Conn's streak ended at 111
Mississippi State hit a buzzer beater to win 66-64 quite an improvement considering they lost by 60 last year
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:37 am

Oregon almost knocked off North Carolina... could've, would've, should've... but the Tars Heels got past them

UNC 77
Ducks 76

Gonzaga 77
South Carolina 73
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:30 am

Son of Butch wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TexasBred wrote:UCONN women might beat all 4 of the mens teams. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's killing the "girls" game is the dominance by UConn. What's their streak up to now? 111 or so in a row?

U Conn's streak ended at 111
Mississippi State hit a buzzer beater to win 66-64 quite an improvement considering they lost by 60 last year

I was tickled to see that when I woke up yesterday morning. I didn't stay up and watch, and I'm not alone in that, because I figured the outcome was a forgone conclusion.

I hope the women's championship has good ratings.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:55 am

UNC number 6. Behind KY and UCLA.

Sounds like I didn't miss anything. I saw the news this morning.
0 x

Douglas
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Douglas » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:52 pm

Douglas wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:Predictions

1 Gonzaga 73
7 South Carolina 68

1 North Carolina 77
3 Oregon 74

North Carolina 74
Gonzaga 70

Anyone else care to stick their neck out?

I like that one pretty good

Well done my friend
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:00 pm

Bright Raven wrote:UNC number 6. Behind KY and UCLA.

You missed an awesome title game Raven, ya wanna know why?

CAUSE THE WILDCATS OF KENTUCKY WERE NOT THERE!!!
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:14 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

Your envy is showing TT. And a big dose of jealousy.

Candidly, I would not have watched if UK had been playing. I am not a sports fan. Being from Kentucky, I do hear the results of their games and I prefer to hear that they won. But I don't suffer any of the emotions you die-hard sports nuts do.

I have observed this about all sports. Sports fans are envious and jealous of the coaches, teams, and fans that are the leaders of their sport. For example, I am even less a football fan than I am a basketball fan, nevertheless, I am amazed at the performance Sabin gets out of his Alabama program. Regardless of how he does it, it is an impressive accomplishment. Isn't it obvious why he has so many haters?

Humans are ugly when they wallow in jealousy and envy.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:28 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

Candidly, I would not have watched if UK had been playing. I am not a sports fan. Being from Kentucky, I do hear the results of their games and I prefer to hear that they won. But I don't suffer any of the emotions you die-hard sports nuts do.

I have observed this about all sports. Sports fans are envious and jealous of the coaches, teams, and fans that are the leaders of their sport. For example, I am even less a football fan than I am a basketball fan, nevertheless, I am amazed at the performance Sabin gets out of his Alabama program. Regardless of how he does it, it is an impressive accomplishment. Isn't it obvious why he has so many haters?

As a Duke fan I can completely relate to the success Bama has had and yes, the haters are constantly on Coach K and Nick Satan for winning, simply winning.

Cal will bring in another batch of fabulous one and done kids and hopefully he'll continue to fail to coach them up as always.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:47 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

As a Duke fan I can completely relate to the success Bama has had and yes, the haters are constantly on Coach K and Nick Satan for winning, simply winning.

Cal will bring in another batch of fabulous one and done kids and hopefully he'll continue to fail to coach them up as always.

I disagree with the implication of the statement in bold. In regard to recruiting only a dam fool would doubt the talent he brings in. Even one as bias as you agrees that he brings in talent.

As feeble as my knowledge of sports is, the winning percentage that Calipari enjoys implies that he has coaching skills. Especially, unique coaching talent for transitioning young talent right out of high school into the college game. Granted, that is the model he has chosen and it may equate to fewer National Championships than programs that foster more mature senior level talent.

If winning percentage is directly proportional to coaching skill - most evaluations of coaches are based on winning percentage - Calipari will be in the top 5 per cent all time.

I know you Puke Blue Devil's fans are in love with Coach Whiner and it has blinded your objectivity so my expectations for any concession from you is about as good as Puke's chances of winning the ACC next year. Something Calipari does in the SEC every year.
0 x

FlyingLSimmentals
GURU
GURU

Postby FlyingLSimmentals » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:22 pm

TT's A Duke Fan. That's just sickening. I figure he be a Tennessee fan or something. Personally I use to love Kentucky Basketball but not much since Cal has taken the job. Just don't like the guy much. Still like to hear they win but don't really care if they lose either.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:29 pm

FlyingLSimmentals wrote:TT's A Duke Fan. That's just sickening. I figure he be a Tennessee fan or something. Personally I use to love Kentucky Basketball but not much since Cal has taken the job. Just don't like the guy much. Still like to hear they win but don't really care if they lose either.

Mike, TT is a big nice guy but no one ever accused him of being smart.

I don't know Calipari very well. He and I own a couple race horses in partnership but rarely visit. He seems like a decent guy. I think he is a talented coach and he reads the good book.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Actually I get accused of being smarter than the averag bear quite often.

The name of the game is winning National Championships. Calamari has 1. Nuff said.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:35 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Actually I get accused of being smarter than the averag bear quite often.

The name of the game is winning National Championships. Calamari has 1. Nuff said.

Hey. Your bull is not as fat as that Optimizer. Plus, I know you are a smart guy.

Aren't you going to ask me about our race horses.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:43 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Actually I get accused of being smarter than the averag bear quite often.

Hey. Your bull is not as fat as that Optimizer. Plus, I know you are a smart guy.

Aren't you going to ask me about our race horses.

No I am not because you are making that up.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:44 pm

And you over feed your cattle.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”