Wild Turkeys

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
shaneb
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Wild Turkeys

Postby shaneb » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Bigfoot wrote:The boy killed this one this morning. Good hunt.

Is he learning to call them up now Bigfoot or is he just setting up in your fields where they normally feed at?
0 x
Sitting at the base of a tree on a cool spring morning waiting on Gods creation to wake up is where you can find me between march and may.

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:20 pm

shaneb wrote:

Is he learning to call them up now Bigfoot or is he just setting up in your fields where they normally feed at?

Calling. Use decoys sometimes. Run and gun proves to be a waste. I think it's how I run is the problem.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Atimm693
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Atimm693 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:08 am

Got this one this morning. 18lbs, 11" beard. Probably the smallest one I've shot yet.

Anyone else having any luck this season?
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:59 pm

Atimm693 wrote:Got this one this morning. 18lbs, 11" beard. Probably the smallest one I've shot yet.

Anyone else having any luck this season?

Nice bird.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

shaneb
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby shaneb » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
shaneb wrote:

Calling. Use decoys sometimes. Run and gun proves to be a waste. I think it's how I run is the problem.

Thats great bigfoot. Before you know it, he will be running and gunning all over that farm. Glad to hear yall are having fun with it together.
0 x
Sitting at the base of a tree on a cool spring morning waiting on Gods creation to wake up is where you can find me between march and may.

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:51 pm

The Turkeys reappear here in full force before april and fizzel out after breeding through the end of May. Heard some gobble in the creek this morning. I will see some in the fall when bow hunting in big flocks and once in a while throughout the rest of the year I might get 1 or 2 on my camera at the deer feeder. I figure they go nest and hide out, hard being a ground bird with hogs, coyotes, bobcats and everything else... Even though they roost in the trees. I dont hunt them anymore, they are too easy, I road up on one this year on my 4 wheeler with my daughter. We stared at it for a minute, 20 yards away. Biggest on I have ever seen. He just looked at us for a while and shuffled off. The sport in Turkey hunting has been lost for me.
Last edited by BK9954 on Tue May 09, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:01 pm

These are some of the turkeys of years past. Thought about selling guided hunts this year.

0 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”