Lease the Farm for Deer & Turkey Hunting

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Lease the Farm for Deer & Turkey Hunting

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:06 am

I get $4500 for 260 acres. They are welcome anytime, but usually only come the first 4-5 days of gun season. They are are great people. I feel feel privileged to have known them. They have 5 feeders. They buy the corn, and I keep it filled.

As much as I like my hunters (a husband and wife). When I retire, I may sell one week bow hunts. $1000 dollars, and they can stay in my man cave. I need to add a bathroom though.

Edited to add:
I give them full use of a 4 wheeler while they are in.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:17 am

Bigfoot wrote:I get $4500 for 260 acres. They are welcome anytime, but usually only come the first 4-5 days of gun season. They are are great people. I feel feel privileged to have known them. They have 5 feeders. They buy the corn, and I keep it filled.

As much as I like my hunters (a husband and wife). When I retire, I may sell one week bow hunts. $1000 dollars, and they can stay in my man cave. I need to add a bathroom though.

Man y'all have found some guys you better take care of.
1500 dollars will land you on 5k acres year around with B&C deer.
This is a eight hundred dollar deer hunt with a 125 to 130 class deer.

Edit the 7k acre lease across the road from the house is 950 year round draw back to it is mainly 110's to 120.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:39 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
callmefence wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:For that price you could hunt Muye Grandes along with birds and hogs in Texas all year long. They would even throw in a Mescun to pack and process your game.

Idk bought that. I can get 5000.00 for a year round lease on 200 acres of low fence hill country. Without even hardly trying.

You can book a guaranteed trophy hunt including a doe, hog and lodging for half that.
That is where a fool and his money have parted.
http://www.karankawa.com/hunting-prices/

I would just as soon shoot one of my cows.
Be Just as much of a hunt
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:03 am

Depends on the place you choose to hunt fence.
Lots of acreage in Texas under high fence with fair chase as well for cheaper rates.
Fence what most don't realize is hunting has been declining in Texas since 1970 and our population has doubled.
Trophy hunting has increased being a rich mans sport.
I see this declining as well as most of the hunters age out of our society.
Texas has lots of land under lease with
a decreasing pool of hunters every year.
Last edited by Caustic Burno on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:33 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:I get $4500 for 260 acres. They are welcome anytime, but usually only come the first 4-5 days of gun season. They are are great people. I feel feel privileged to have known them. They have 5 feeders. They buy the corn, and I keep it filled.

Man y'all have found some guys you better take care of.
1500 dollars will land you on 5k acres year around with B&C deer.
This is a eight hundred dollar deer hunt with a 125 to 130 class deer.

Edit the 7k acre lease across the road from the house is 950 year round draw back to it is mainly 110's to 120.

Yeah I think you mean 950 a gun...
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:37 am

No that is 950 for you and your kids high school age or younger .

https://www.google.com/amp/www.beaumont ... 767709.php
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:50 am

I like my hunters enough, I am willing to keep them no matter what. I frequently get calls with higher offers. I put it on some bow hunting sight back years ago, and I am still getting calls about leasing it.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:09 am

Bigfoot what most don't get here in Texas demographics for deer hunters is rapidly changing. Our population has doubled and hunting license sales have been the same since the 70's.
The hunter is aging out in Texas our population is becoming more urbanization every year. This segment doesn't want to go hunting every off moment. They want to get their deer and move on to the next activity.
Societal change and expense is rapidly making the hunter go the way of the dinosaur.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

crop hail
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby crop hail » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:17 am

Caustic Burno wrote:For that price you could hunt Muye Grandes along with birds and hogs in Texas all year long. They would even throw in a Mescun to pack and process your game.

Kinda what I was thinking!!! For 5000, you could have one helluva year round lease in Texas!!!! As a matter of fact, ive never even considered leasing any of our land because it is a family deal but for 5000 for a week, I could be persuaded!!! :cowboy: :cowboy:
0 x

bird dog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby bird dog » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:41 pm

http://www.karankawa.com

Interesting history of that ranch.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:06 pm

red angus 2010 wrote:We were thinking of starting out with our two shotgun seasons which are only for a few days each. Allowing one hunter and/or hunter and one family member on about thirty acres to themselves. Pricing at about $5,000 for each season. We are in a county in Southern Illinois known for its deer.

And people will pay that to hunt 30 acres?? Mercy I'd rather just buy it.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:09 pm

crop hail wrote:

Kinda what I was thinking!!! For 5000, you could have one helluva year round lease in Texas!!!! As a matter of fact, ive never even considered leasing any of our land because it is a family deal but for 5000 for a week, I could be persuaded!!! :cowboy: :cowboy:

You can get down in Webb or Laselle county for that kind of money.
Landowners are slowly pricing themselves out of the most lucrative product on their land.
I see very little demand in a couple more generations the TPWD has contributed to this as well. The mentality has changed from deer hunting to trophy hunting all driven by two PAC's that controll the appointed commissioners.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:55 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
callmefence wrote:

Idk bought that. I can get 5000.00 for a year round lease on 200 acres of low fence hill country. Without even hardly trying.

You can book a guaranteed trophy hunt including a doe, hog and lodging for half that.
That is where a fool and his money have parted.
http://www.karankawa.com/hunting-prices/

Texas has some nice bucks, southern Illinois has world class bucks. Texas is a good place to hunt but the top end bucks just aren't there. The right piece of property in Illinois doesn't have to be very large, it just needs to be woods and no human pressure. If the creek bottom is fenced off from the cows, they'll be some monster bucks there.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:16 pm

Grit there is not a deer alive no matter the state worth that.
Greed is what has drove prices where the regular working man can't afford to hunt especially a young family man.
As much as I love to deer hunt I wish every hunter in this state would boycott the season. It would definitely get the attention of the lessors and the TPWD when that revenue didn't roll in.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

red angus 2010
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby red angus 2010 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:33 pm

I just wanted to say thank you for all of the input and share a few thoughts. I know all leases are different but we will not be leasing in a way that hunters can come out year round to scout/ hunt/ play. What I am used to from others in Illinois is out of state hunters that are issued very specific dates allowed to hunt. I would not lease bow hunting to an in-state hunter that would then want use of the land from july/ august to december. I want very much to provide the very best experience to people that enjoy hunting but I don't want a bunch of drunks in their razrs. The clientele I am looking for is someone who drives or flies in to hunt for a week or less (depending on bow or shotgun) is assured that in the area they are hunting they will see no one else and can relax and enjoy themselves. I am happy to help them with scouting good locations, transport them to/ from hunting area, haul and field dress deer, fire pit to relax around, some meals. Just create an environment where they can unplug and leave all the stress of their life behind. I believe there are people out there this would appeal to.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”