Lease the Farm for Deer & Turkey Hunting

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Re: Lease the Farm for Deer & Turkey Hunting

Postby TCRanch » Tue May 09, 2017 8:43 pm

Ours turned out great, wonderful people, very respectful. Maaaaay do it again, only for turkey hunting. BUT a property across the road is owned by someone that lives in another town, uses it only for personal hunting and just happened to come down for the weekend. Got a text with pics (think deer-in-the-headlights/mug shot) from the owner at 7:00 a.m. asking if the busted poachers were part of "our" hunt. Fortunately not the ones allowed on our property but evidently another group from the same outfitter. They had clearly marked maps/property outlines but had inadvertently gotten lost in the dark. The property owner called the Sheriff, threatened to file charges and the hunters packed up and went home.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed May 10, 2017 7:25 am

Jogeephus told me "the more people you add the more problems you have" he's right. The landowner was the only one in the right on that deal. What kind of outfitter sends someone out with a map in the dark? We use phones now, but years ago I'd give everyone a two way radio, and if there was a problem call me.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

f1tiger
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby f1tiger » Mon May 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Born and raised across the road from the pierce ranch , had a two room school with mostly 7-12 kids (except when the Mexicans would come up and pick cotton , then maybe 3-6 more)years before I could hunt, goose hunting was aloud but then some idiots shot a bunch of water troughs and hunting was no longer permitted to the public, fast forward twenty something years and I ended back in Pierce Texas and drilled many wells on the ranch for Texaco : they had huge bucks then and I am sure they have them now; interesting story on how the ranch started
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”