anyone watch the NFL draft?

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Re: anyone watch the NFL draft?

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:03 pm

wacocowboy wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Houston has a unique talent in the QB dud department.

How dumb does Houston look when they could of had Derek Carr in the second round a few years ago. That is about like the Browns saying Wentz wasn't in their top 20 last year lol. I sure am glad they both passed on Dak.

The GM is an idiot I think he has made two first round drafts that turned out worth having.
IMO Houston doesn't have a chance as long as Rick Smith remains GM.
This speaks volumes
https://www.quora.com/How-many-NFL-team ... Super-Bowl
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:16 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Houston has a unique talent in the QB dud department.

How dumb does Houston look when they could of had Derek Carr in the second round a few years ago. That is about like the Browns saying Wentz wasn't in their top 20 last year lol. I sure am glad they both passed on Dak.

The GM is an idiot I think he has made two first round drafts that turned out worth having.
IMO Houston doesn't have a chance as long as Rick Smith remains GM.
This speaks volumes
https://www.quora.com/How-many-NFL-team ... Super-Bowl

I admit I am pretty surprised he is still the GM about like Jerry with Jason Garrett. They must have some dirt on their owners.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:30 pm

Drew Brees, Blake Bortles, Peyton Manning, Mark Sanchez, Russell Wilson and Son of Butch all scored 28
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Houston and the Cowboys should each share CB as a head coach or GM for next season.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:44 pm

greybeard wrote:
Drew Brees, Blake Bortles, Peyton Manning, Mark Sanchez, Russell Wilson and Son of Butch all scored 28
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Houston and the Cowboys should each share CB as a head coach or GM for next season.

The Cowboys don't have enough money
I dam sure could do as good as that idiot at Houston. Not hard to loose consistently
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:47 pm

Steelers now have a QB without morals, one with no future, and a brand new one without eyebrows.
Josh Dobbs (Tenn) drafted in 4th round.

Supposed to be pretty smart tho.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:21 pm

greybeard wrote:Steelers now have a QB without morals, one with no future, and a brand new one without eyebrows.

Yeah I think he majored in rocket science or something like that. I think he has a lot of upside just raw and needs coaching.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:56 pm

wacocowboy wrote:I like Kizer if he can sit and learn. If the NFL had a minor league Dobbs might be my favorite of the bunch.
He is very raw and needs coaching but he is a nice piece of clay for someone to mold.

Kizer is only 20 yrs old, almost the youngest in the entire draft, he has a lot of upside and could really develop.
Unfortunately Cleveland took him, so what he'll develop into I don't know. He grew up in Ohio, maybe it'll work out.

Davis Webb 6-5 229 with a NFL arm is in the best spot to succeed having been drafted by the NY Giants.
He'll get to sit behind Eli Manning for a year or two while learning and practicing, so he won't be overwhelmed.
He could be heard from in a big way a few years down the line.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:16 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:I like Kizer if he can sit and learn. If the NFL had a minor league Dobbs might be my favorite of the bunch.
He is very raw and needs coaching but he is a nice piece of clay for someone to mold.

Kizer is only 20 yrs old, almost the youngest in the entire draft, he has a lot of upside and could really develop.
Unfortunately Cleveland took him, so what he'll develop into I don't know. He grew up in Ohio, maybe it'll work out.

Davis Webb 6-5 229 with a NFL arm is in the best spot to succeed having been drafted by the NY Giants.
He'll get to sit behind Eli Manning for a year or two while learning and practicing, so he won't be overwhelmed.

AFC North may look completely different in a couple of years, if the Browns' plans work out, and it might honestly be stated that Houston built a Cleveland dynasty one draft pick at a time.
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:04 pm

Son of Butch wrote:

If Hugh Jackson is given time and Kizer is kept on the bench it could work but I don't trust the Browns owner to do that.

Yeah Webb like Dobbs and Kaaya is in a good place. Webb behind Eli, Dobbs behind Big Ben and Kaaya behind Stafford.
0 x

A.J.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby A.J. » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:41 pm

wacocowboy wrote:
greybeard wrote:Steelers now have a QB without morals, one with no future, and a brand new one without eyebrows.

Yeah I think he majored in rocket science or something like that. I think he has a lot of upside just raw and needs coaching.

He sure did a lot for UT football while he was here. We're gonna miss him next year. He's a really good kid, so they shouldn't have to worry about any distractions or off the field issues with him. He's smart and has a strong work ethic, so he should pick up the playbook and coaching pretty quickly. If he can improve his accuracy, he's got the mental and physical tools to be a starter when Big Ben decides to call it quits in a year of two.
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:36 am

A.J. wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:

He sure did a lot for UT football while he was here. We're gonna miss him next year. He's a really good kid, so they shouldn't have to worry about any distractions or off the field issues with him. He's smart and has a strong work ethic, so he should pick up the playbook and coaching pretty quickly. If he can improve his accuracy, he's got the mental and physical tools to be a starter when Big Ben decides to call it quits in a year of two.

Yeah I heard several people say he should beat out Landry Jones for the backup spot.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:56 am

wacocowboy wrote:

Yeah Webb like Dobbs and Kaaya is in a good place. Webb behind Eli, Dobbs behind Big Ben and Kaaya behind Stafford.

Kizer is behind Osweiller ...oh..wait...
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:54 am

greybeard wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:

Kizer is behind Osweiller ...oh..wait...

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Mon May 01, 2017 11:36 am

NFL snowflakes? ... Grade inflation? ... The aggregate NFL team drafts were graded above average.

32 teams and the average team draft grade hand out by the "experts" = 3.18 on a scale of 4.0 in other words a B
Only 5 teams averaged a C with the lowest team draft grade average being C- given to the Chicago Bears

Oh well, I guess every team and their fans want to hopefully believe.

I only bothered grading 1 team the Vikings.
Vikings draft picks at the start of the draft were valued at 912 pts
Spielman's trades netted -18 pts (912-18 = 894 pts)
Vikings used the 894 pts to acquired 915 pts worth of player value for net value increase of 3 pts
Turning 912 pts into 912 pts of player value is what they are suppose to do...
Getting 915 pt value from 912 pts is about as average as average gets. Grade C
Guess I'm just a tougher grader than all of the experts that gave the Vikings Grade B - B+
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Tue May 02, 2017 12:58 am

Son of Butch wrote:NFL snowflakes? ... Grade inflation? ... The aggregate NFL team drafts were graded above average.

32 teams and the average team draft grade hand out by the "experts" = 3.18 on a scale of 4.0 in other words a B
Only 5 teams averaged a C with the lowest team draft grade average being C- given to the Chicago Bears

Oh well, I guess every team and their fans want to hopefully believe.

I only bothered grading 1 team the Vikings.
Vikings draft picks at the start of the draft were valued at 912 pts
Spielman's trades netted -18 pts (912-18 = 894 pts)
Vikings used the 894 pts to acquired 915 pts worth of player value for net value increase of 3 pts
Turning 912 pts into 912 pts of player value is what they are suppose to do...
Getting 915 pt value from 912 pts is about as average as average gets. Grade C
Guess I'm just a tougher grader than all of the experts that gave the Vikings Grade B - B+

All these post draft grades are for ratings or click bait. True grades come out after they have been in the league for 3 full seasons.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”