anyone watch the NFL draft?

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3908
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: anyone watch the NFL draft?

Postby Son of Butch » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:57 am

wacocowboy wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:I like Kizer if he can sit and learn. If the NFL had a minor league Dobbs might be my favorite of the bunch.
He is very raw and needs coaching but he is a nice piece of clay for someone to mold.

Kizer is only 20 yrs old, almost the youngest in the entire draft, he has a lot of upside and could really develop.
Unfortunately Cleveland took him, so what he'll develop into I don't know. He grew up in Ohio, maybe it'll work out.

Davis Webb 6-5 229 with a NFL arm is in the best spot to succeed having been drafted by the NY Giants.
He'll get to sit behind Eli Manning for a year or two while learning and practicing, so he won't be overwhelmed.
He could be heard from in a big way a few years down the line.


If Hugh Jackson is given time and Kizer is kept on the bench it could work but I don't trust the Browns owner to do that.

Yeah Webb like Dobbs and Kaaya is in a good place. Webb behind Eli, Dobbs behind Big Ben and Kaaya behind Stafford.

Read a report this morning saying rookie qb DeShone Kizer has narrowed the gap in Cleveland's qb competition.

"It's true Kizer's ball speed at the NFL combine was measured at 52 compared to 55 for Cody Kessler, but Kizer throws
a better deep ball and his accuracy and touch have improved under Hue Jackson and qb coach David Lee.
Kizer has made the biggest leap in progressing towards starting and has a legitimate shot at being the opening day
starter if his progress continues."

NFL defensive coordinators are not kind when devising defensive schemes to throw at rookie quarterbacks...
If Kizer can handle that kind of defensive pressure at such a young age Cleveland will have made a huge leap in
their progress towards competing for years to come.... or then again it might ruin Kizer's career if he gets fed to the wolves so early in his career.
0 x

User avatar
wacocowboy
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3131
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: anyone watch the NFL draft?

Postby wacocowboy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:Kizer is only 20 yrs old, almost the youngest in the entire draft, he has a lot of upside and could really develop.
Unfortunately Cleveland took him, so what he'll develop into I don't know. He grew up in Ohio, maybe it'll work out.

Davis Webb 6-5 229 with a NFL arm is in the best spot to succeed having been drafted by the NY Giants.
He'll get to sit behind Eli Manning for a year or two while learning and practicing, so he won't be overwhelmed.
He could be heard from in a big way a few years down the line.


If Hugh Jackson is given time and Kizer is kept on the bench it could work but I don't trust the Browns owner to do that.

Yeah Webb like Dobbs and Kaaya is in a good place. Webb behind Eli, Dobbs behind Big Ben and Kaaya behind Stafford.

Read a report this morning saying rookie qb DeShone Kizer has narrowed the gap in Cleveland's qb competition.

"It's true Kizer's ball speed at the NFL combine was measured at 52 compared to 55 for Cody Kessler, but Kizer throws
a better deep ball and his accuracy and touch have improved under Hue Jackson and qb coach David Lee.
Kizer has made the biggest leap in progressing towards starting and has a legitimate shot at being the opening day
starter if his progress continues."

NFL defensive coordinators are not kind when devising defensive schemes to throw at rookie quarterbacks...
If Kizer can handle that kind of defensive pressure at such a young age Cleveland will have made a huge leap in
their progress towards competing for years to come.... or then again it might ruin Kizer's career if he gets fed to the wolves so early in his career.



Looking on the roster not hard for him to pass them up. I still think he needs to sit for awhile. I think he will be better than the guys Houston and KC took.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14511
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: anyone watch the NFL draft?

Postby greybeard » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:21 pm

wacocowboy wrote:

I think he will be better than the guys Houston took.

That's not saying a whole lot....isn't everyone?
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

User avatar
wacocowboy
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3131
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: anyone watch the NFL draft?

Postby wacocowboy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:50 pm

greybeard wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:

I think he will be better than the guys Houston took.

That's not saying a whole lot....isn't everyone?


Way to have confidence in your team. :lol2:
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14511
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: anyone watch the NFL draft?

Postby greybeard » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Beginning with Shaub, 'No QB' has headed the list of
Why my team sucks
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

User avatar
wacocowboy
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3131
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: anyone watch the NFL draft?

Postby wacocowboy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:38 am

greybeard wrote:Beginning with Shaub, 'No QB' has headed the list of
Why my team sucks


Yeah No QB has kept y'all from a serious SB run.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers


Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests