Lady Sooners

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
f1tiger
Cowhand
Cowhand

Lady Sooners

Postby f1tiger » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Congrats to the girls: back to back national championships: National Champs 3 out of the last 5 years ( oh FYI they beat Tenn, Auburn,Florida if you are keeping score ...... lol
0 x

M.Magis
GURU
GURU

Re: Lady Sooners

Postby M.Magis » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:50 am

I clicked on game 1 the other night, just so the boys and I could watch a ball game. It was one of the best games I ever watched. I stayed up until the Gators tied it up with 2 outs and two strikes, for the second time, at the bottom of the 12th. Not sure why, but I was hoping the Gators could pull it off last night, if for no other reason than to have a game 3.

Just curious, because I've never watched softball before. Why were both games played at Oklahoma?
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:44 am

Some out of this world softball in both of the games. First time I think I've ever seen to pitchers throwing 75 mph consistently. Both are champs but the Sooners get the ring....good job !!!!
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Speaking of Sooners, Bob Stoops announced his retirement today after 18 seasons. Offensive Coordinator Lincoln Riley will take over head coaching job.
Stoops had a good run.
Stoops, who turns 57 on Sept. 9, is the winningest coach in OU history with a 190-48 record. He has gone 121-29 in Big 12 play and has taken the Sooners to bowl games in every one of his 18 seasons -- going 9-9, capped with last year's 35-19 victory over Auburn.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

f1tiger
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby f1tiger » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Women's CWS is always played in Oklahoma City as the Men's CWS is always in Omaha Nebraska. Women are locked in to 2020 with possibility to 2036 : Sooner Ladies have only one senior so the should make some noise next year .( If you ever get to the City stop and visit the memorial to the victims of that horrible day ......) Now that Bob has retired the sun may shine on BEBO
0 x

M.Magis
GURU
GURU

Postby M.Magis » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:22 am

It would seem like having it at your "home" field every year would be considered an unfair advantage? Maybe not, I know its not their actual field. They sure have the crowd behind them. It was a great couple games
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:15 am

f1tiger wrote:Women's CWS is always played in Oklahoma City as the Men's CWS is always in Omaha Nebraska. Women are locked in to 2020 with possibility to 2036 : Sooner Ladies have only one senior so the should make some noise next year .( If you ever get to the City stop and visit the memorial to the victims of that horrible day ......) Now that Bob has retired the sun may shine on BEBO

BEBO????
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:38 am

f1tiger wrote:Congrats to the girls: back to back national championships: National Champs 3 out of the last 5 years ( oh FYI they beat Tenn, Auburn,Florida if you are keeping score ...... lol

And My Ducks!
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:27 pm

f1tiger wrote:Congrats to the girls: back to back national championships: National Champs 3 out of the last 5 years ( oh FYI they beat Tenn, Auburn,Florida if you are keeping score ...... lol

And we're talking girls softball too.
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:46 pm

Proud of them girls.

Going to miss Bob.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:28 am

wacocowboy wrote:Proud of them girls.

Going to miss Bob.

He definitely is a winner. My mom was in love with him. :nod: :nod:
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:05 pm

TexasBred wrote:

Going to miss Bob.

Aren't you an Aggie fan? Your mom is an OU fan? Interesting :lol2:
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:13 pm

wacocowboy wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

Going to miss Bob.

I'm an Aggie....but my mom loved Bob Stoops. She thought he hung the moon. :lol2:
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:27 pm

TexasBred wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:
TexasBred wrote:He definitely is a winner. My mom was in love with him. :nod: :nod:

I'm an Aggie....but my mom loved Bob Stoops. She thought he hung the moon. :lol2:

I bet that made for some interesting Saturdays.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:31 am

wacocowboy wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:

I bet that made for some interesting Saturdays.

OU was my second choice for schools so not really a problem.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”