Got My Buck Back

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Got My Buck Back

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:31 am

Nice buck. Sure is better than some of the trophy spikes some of the guys shoot around here.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:00 pm

Jogeephus wrote:Nice buck. Sure is better than some of the trophy spikes some of the guys shoot around here.

"once a spike always a spike" I remember that argument like it was yesterday. Game camera's and deer farms have pretty much debunked all that BS.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:24 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:Nice buck. Sure is better than some of the trophy spikes some of the guys shoot around here.

"once a spike always a spike" I remember that argument like it was yesterday. Game camera's and deer farms have pretty much debunked all that BS.

Yet they continue to shoot them as if those antlers taste good. Its crazy.

And how bout the fella who shoots a 50 lb button buck because, "he didn't know what it was". I've heard that one more than just once. Bullet behind the ear is appropriate in this case I think.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:50 pm

Very nice deer.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Should have let him go until he was 4-1/2! lol The farm deer are interesting to look at, but starting to get a little outrageous. I talked to several deer farmers whos breeding program is based on the potential of 200" deer at 1-1/2 years. Evidently the death loss from 1-1/2 to 3-1/2 is sucking the profit out of selling high fence shooters. They don't even look real with 200" of antler when they only weigh 100 lbs.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:08 am

FlyingLSimmentals wrote:A pic.

Nice deer I would take that any day.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”