That's a lot of Bacon

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

That's a lot of Bacon

Postby wacocowboy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:40 pm

0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

M-5
GURU
GURU

Re: That's a lot of Bacon

Postby M-5 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:13 pm

I talked to his neighbor today , I don't know him personally. There's more to the story but it will have to wait till tomorrow
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:34 am

Well? It's tomorrow.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:57 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Well? It's tomorrow.

Their behind the times in Two Egg TT.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:46 am

this hog was killed just a few miles from where I sit this morning. You read in the story what transpired but as Paul Harvey would say "heres the rest of the story"

This was a wild hog that was caught as a shoat and penned with some domestic hogs , The Guy (not the shooter) worked for a food service company (cisco) and had access to free scrap and has been feeding this pig for about 2 1/2 years. They went on vacation and the hog got out and showed up at this guys place and he killed it. The owner of this pigs wife made a face book post about being on vacation and being sad about the hog being killed and several people commented and asked wasn't that the hog they had and why would she not demand they tell the whole story but that's when things get sketchy she stared back tracking and changing her story , Why you ask , well in Alabama you can kill a wild hog but you can not transport or keep one live. She started claiming that they bought the hog and it was delivered to their place for breeding a couple days before they left on vacation. One of my customers lives in this community and told me the whole story about the guy that is known in the community to sell "pork" and has been doing it for years. I do know for a fact that The Game commissions monitor FB and i'm sure they will get a visit from them all because He couldn't control his wife's mouth.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:05 am

M-5 wrote:this hog was killed just a few miles from where I sit this morning. You read in the story what transpired but as Paul Harvey would say "heres the rest of the story"

This was a wild hog that was caught as a shoat and penned with some domestic hogs , The Guy (not the shooter) worked for a food service company (cisco) and had access to free scrap and has been feeding this pig for about 2 1/2 years. They went on vacation and the hog got out and showed up at this guys place and he killed it. The owner of this pigs wife made a face book post about being on vacation and being sad about the hog being killed and several people commented and asked wasn't that the hog they had and why would she not demand they tell the whole story but that's when things get sketchy she stared back tracking and changing her story , Why you ask , well in Alabama you can kill a wild hog but you can not transport or keep one live. She started claiming that they bought the hog and it was delivered to their place for breeding a couple days before they left on vacation. One of my customers lives in this community and told me the whole story about the guy that is known in the community to sell "pork" and has been doing it for years. I do know for a fact that The Game commissions monitor FB and i'm sure they will get a visit from them all because He couldn't control his wife's mouth.

A lot of men have been done in by a woman's mouth.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:24 am

wacocowboy wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/alabama-man-shoots-820-pound-193347772.html

That is one big pig.

I sure would like some bacon or a cooked belly off that mug
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”