Dang Raccoon

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Dave
GURU
GURU

Dang Raccoon

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:52 am

I have a little fish pond in the backyard. it is about 10 by 12 with a waterfall. I got it cleaned up as a feature to help sell the place. I now have a raccoon who decided it is his pond and the fish are on the menu. So on Monday I set a life trap to catch him. This morning shortly after day light I wake up and head to the bathroom. I look out the window and I had the raccoon in the trap. The wife and I had a brief discussion. Both of us happy I caught him. I said I hate to shoot him this early and wake up the neighbors. The wife said he isn't going anywhere. I said boy he is sure trying to get out. So I pull on some pants and grab a 22. I walk out there and the trap is empty!!!! The door on this trap will swing in. He some how pulled it in and a plastic container for the bait got under the door holding it open. I am now declaring war on this critter. He doesn't know who he is messing with. No more live traps. I am breaking out the real stuff. The next time he is in a trap he ain't getting out.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Re: Dang Raccoon

Postby M-5 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:07 pm

Must be the one cg8 relocated
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:15 pm

Shotgun, motion detector light hooked to a light in your bedroom to tell you when he's there.. bang!
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:37 pm

M-5 wrote:Must be the one cg8 relocated

I am going to relocate him. But first I will give him a little something to calm his nerves.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:51 pm

Dave wrote:

I am going to relocate him. But first I will give him a little something to calm his nerves.

Coons are pretty smart critters you sure your up for this. :pop:
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:09 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Dave wrote:

Back when I was running a full time trap line I caught several three legged coyotes. I doubt he is that smart. He really beat up/chewed up the pot that had lily pads planted in it. How smart of a critter does that?
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:16 pm

Dave wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
Dave wrote:

Back when I was running a full time trap line I caught several three legged coyotes. I doubt he is that smart. He really beat up/chewed up the pot that had lily pads planted in it. How smart of a critter does that?

Well Dave he was smart enough to get away.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”