Page 1 of 2

Got a snake problem?

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:21 am
by A.J.

Re: Got a snake problem?

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:26 am
by Bigfoot
Just as I suspected, all have dull skin.

Re: Got a snake problem?

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:51 pm
by cowgirl8
Bigfoot wrote:Just as I suspected, all have dull skin.

Man don't get me started... :lol2:

Re: Got a snake problem?

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:57 pm
by cowgirl8
Too late...........There was a 'banner' is what I call them, the little quotes, or short clips of information.. BUt there was on going around on FB that showed people how to tell the difference between poisonous snakes and non....Well, there was a slight difference in the eye, and there are a few other scales on them that when you look closely, it will give you an accurate ID on whether its deadly or not... I sat back after looking at it and thought, WHO THE be nice IS GOING TO LOOK DOWN CLOSELY AND TO SEE IF THE SCALES ARE ONE OR THE OTHER!!!????
This is why I brought up the dull. Poisonous snakes scales are keeled which gives them a rough duller look, wouldn't it make sense to use that to see whether you'd want to pick up a snake...but wait, most here wouldn't pick up a snake so all you effin need to know is, its a snake, get away from it........... :???: right?

Re: Got a snake problem?

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:56 am
by wacocowboy
I was petting this guy on Saturday. He sure is nice.
Image

Re: Got a snake problem?

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:02 am
by TCRanch
wacocowboy wrote:I was petting this guy on Saturday. He sure is nice.
Image

Good Lord, how much does that thing weigh?!? Count me out!

Re: Got a snake problem?

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:20 am
by dun
Why would you want to?

Re: Got a snake problem?

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:55 am
by wacocowboy
TCRanch wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:I was petting this guy on Saturday. He sure is nice.
Image

Good Lord, how much does that thing weigh?!? Count me out!


I don't remember how much they said he weighed.

Re: Got a snake problem?

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:56 am
by wacocowboy
dun wrote:Why would you want to?


He was there they said we could pet so I did.

Re: Got a snake problem?

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:41 pm
by Bigfoot
Don't know if I've shared this before or not. A lady here had some kind of big python in her house. Let it run loose all the time. Spent a lot of time curled up on her bed. She thought it was cute etc and so on. Woke up one morning it was stretched out beside her. She thought it was sick, and called some guru somewhere. He said it was measuring her to make sure he could swallow her before it went to the trouble of killing her.

Re: Got a snake problem?

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:20 pm
by skyhightree1
wacocowboy wrote:I was petting this guy on Saturday. He sure is nice.
Image


I have a battwing that would like to caress him and rub on him some.

Re: Got a snake problem?

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:21 pm
by Bright Raven
Bigfoot wrote:Don't know if I've shared this before or not. A lady here had some kind of big python in her house. Let it run loose all the time. Spent a lot of time curled up on her bed. She thought it was cute etc and so on. Woke up one morning it was stretched out beside her. She thought it was sick, and called some guru somewhere. He said it was measuring her to make sure he could swallow her before it went to the trouble of killing her.


That guru has been watching too many cartoons. A serpent's brain is not wired for that level of cognitive function. With the exception of the one that deceived Eve. :D

Re: Got a snake problem?

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:42 pm
by wacocowboy
skyhightree1 wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:I was petting this guy on Saturday. He sure is nice.
Image


I have a battwing that would like to caress him and rub on him some.


That is horrible.

Re: Got a snake problem?

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:44 pm
by Bright Raven
If serpents had logic skills advanced to the extent they could measure their victim, they would surely know not to eat prey with horns. This happens often:

Image

Re: Got a snake problem?

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:59 pm
by Bright Raven
Don't get drunk in India!

https://youtu.be/vZ9pbmp5GUs