2017 pictures of deer kills and trail camers pictures.

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Re: 2017 pictures of deer kills and trail camers pictures.

Postby Jogeephus » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:36 pm

I count 9 also but the one in the foreground is a little young basket 4 point. Not a shooter but I'm sure his grandaddy is out there somewhere and I want him. I have way to many doe. People around here always want to shoot that trophy spike and its hard for the bucks to get any age on them. I plan on holding out for a good buck but I've got to knock the doe numbers back because I had way to many last year and I noticed a lot of twins this year so the population is getting out of whack.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:25 pm

1 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:57 pm

I have seen some of the nicest bucks this year that I have ever seen around this area, but none on my place all on other people’s places or grazing on the side of the road.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:08 pm

wacocowboy wrote:I have seen some of the nicest bucks this year that I have ever seen around this area, but none on my place all on other people’s places or grazing on the side of the road.

This years been pretty odd I think with the over abundance of acorns there definitely not moving much during the day. The days I did hunt there were big bucks standing on the edge of the woods until it got too dark to shoot then walked out. I was in a field and there was a nice buck with a doe of course not hunting they came out and looked at me like I was crazy
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:11 pm

0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:16 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:I have seen some of the nicest bucks this year that I have ever seen around this area, but none on my place all on other people’s places or grazing on the side of the road.

This years been pretty odd I think with the over abundance of acorns there definitely not moving much during the day. The days I did hunt there were big bucks standing on the edge of the woods until it got too dark to shoot then walked out. I was in a field and there was a nice buck with a doe of course not hunting they came out and looked at me like I was crazy

They are out in the open here but not places you can shoot. I saw two beautiful at least 10s in someone’s goat field with a nice doe. I seen some really nice ones grazing on the side of the road. It is like they know where they cannot be shot at and are just teasing you.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:19 pm

wacocowboy wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:

They are out in the open here but not places you can shoot. I saw two beautiful at least 10s in someone’s goat field with a nice doe. I seen some really nice ones grazing on the side of the road. It is like they know where they cannot be shot at and are just teasing you.[/quote]

They are :lol:
1 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:55 pm

This is one of my favorite pics. The date and time stamp are not correct.
I put out 6 of these new cameras this year and I am really liking them.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

M.Magis
GURU
GURU

Postby M.Magis » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:02 pm

Managed to catch up to one the day before gun season. Not the best pic.

3 x

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:17 pm

Nice deer, great pic, Magis.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:44 pm

I am covered up in these and little bucks this year.

0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”