Wild Boar hunting

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
OwnedByTheCow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Wild Boar hunting

Postby OwnedByTheCow » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:45 pm

Every year my father and I go on a trip during my spring break. I would really like to take him hog hunting for my senior year. What is the best state to do that? I've never been hog hunting so I suppose I need a guide. I am not familiar with it at all but he wants to. Are there any recommended guides?
0 x
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
Ghandi

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Wild Boar hunting

Postby dun » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:41 pm

Make sure you are both in darn good shape. Some hog hunting is pretty easy, others are tough hard miles, especailly chasing hounds.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:36 pm

0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:00 pm

OwnedByTheCow wrote:Every year my father and I go on a trip during my spring break. I would really like to take him hog hunting for my senior year. What is the best state to do that? I've never been hog hunting so I suppose I need a guide. I am not familiar with it at all but he wants to. Are there any recommended guides?

I do those hunts here in VA. but they are put on by state parks and by federal parks in October.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”