lady bugs

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
BRYANT
Rancher
Rancher

lady bugs

Postby BRYANT » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:37 pm

It is primitive deer season here in Okla. and today it got up in the 80's. I have hunted for many years and never seen it like it was today there were THOUSANDS of lady bugs. They were every place almost made me call it a day around 3:00 and I am not easy to run out of the deer stand. Looked like bees swarming. Deer are not rutting at my place and this heat with the lady bugs will almost drive a man insane. :bang: :bang:
0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Re: lady bugs

Postby dun » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:28 pm

Yup, we're over run with them too.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:58 am

They are not Lady Bugs. They are Asian Lady Beetles an invasive species that some hippie in the U.S. department
of Agriculture thought would be a good idea to introduce for biological control of pecan aphids.
Ironically these chinese communist little buggers are not red with 19 spots like a lady bug, but a yellowish orange
with fewer spots. Like all commies, they are a troublesome pain.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:17 am

Son of Butch wrote:They are not Lady Bugs. They are Asian Lady Beetles an invasive species that some hippie in the U.S. department
of Agriculture thought would be a good idea to introduce for biological control of pecan aphids.
Ironically these chinese communist little buggers are not red with 19 spots like a lady bug, but a yellowish orange

That is correct, but it's easier to just lump them together with what they resemble. They also range in color, we have some that are dark red but some that are actually orange too. I don;t know if they are as dark as real ladybugs since I haven;t seen one that I know of in years.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

BRYANT
Rancher
Rancher

Postby BRYANT » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:54 am

like dun said these range in color and by end of day they were '' devil bugs'' in my mind. I hope they do good for what ever they were brought here for cause I hate them. I guess our Government can spend some more tax dollars now and bring in some other something to control them now.
0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:05 am

Swarmed on us yesterday. I hate them chicom bugs
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Postby Cross-7 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:18 am

Last summer we had a plague of the orange biting lady bugs.
They got into everything.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:19 am

Those Asian rascals do bite.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

J&D Cattle
GURU
GURU

Postby J&D Cattle » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:26 am

They arrived here yesterday as well. Near 80 here also. As far as I know our house was shut up yet there was still probably 15 on the ceiling last night.
0 x
J & D Cattle

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:29 am

My husband opened a window one fall, a day where it got really warm. I was not home, so, he opened a window that had no screen, one we never open so not sure why he chose that other than its what men do when the wife is not home. Our house got full of those devils.. And, they all went up into the dormer windows in our vaulted ceiling room....ugh..I had to put the extenders on my vacuum to reach them....Just sucked them all up..
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

bbirder
Rancher
Rancher

Postby bbirder » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:34 am

The colors could vary due to cross breeding. After all, who counts dots in the dark!
0 x
"A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years. A bad climbing rope will last you a lifetime."

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:25 am

dun wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:They are not Lady Bugs. They are Asian Lady Beetles an invasive species that some hippie in the U.S. department

That is correct, but it's easier to just lump them together with what they resemble. They also range in color, we have some that are dark red but some that are actually orange too. I don;t know if they are as dark as real ladybugs since I haven;t seen one that I know of in years.

Someone gonna ban you from the internet for such a biased/bigoted opinion and lumping all those beetle species together so callously. ;-) ;-) :lol:
And what's up with 'ladybug' anyway?
They ain't all female.....
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:29 pm

I will send you a few thousand stink bugs to help out .
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:19 pm

kenny thomas wrote:I will send you a few thousand stink bugs to help out .

I can help you up the count!
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:34 pm

I've been keeping the grandkids today and just went out for the first time today....They are EVERYWHERE.....even on the roads, flying all around....ugh
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”