Goose hunting

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Re: Goose hunting

Postby Stocker Steve » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:12 pm

dun wrote:Geese must be wherever they're going. Haven;t heard any for the past couple of days/nights.

Still some in the north on deep lakes. As long as there is not snow cover they can work the corn fields.

Folks have been tracking mallard migration by attaching some micro electronics. Said the average move is about 675 miles - - so when they catch a wind they really go.
0 x
Stocker Steve

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:52 pm

kenny thomas wrote:We are not in the flyway but seems like when I was a kid we would hear them flying over during the night. Maybe they still do and my house is insulated enough that I don't hear them. Growing up we could have thrown a goose through the wall it was so thin.

Or maybe your ears don't work as well anymore.
Or the geese don't hook as loud. :mrgreen:
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:09 pm

jedstivers wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:We are not in the flyway but seems like when I was a kid we would hear them flying over during the night. Maybe they still do and my house is insulated enough that I don't hear them. Growing up we could have thrown a goose through the wall it was so thin.

Clearer skys so maybe they are flying higher or the clouds aren;t bouncing the noise down to earth
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:12 pm

dun wrote:
jedstivers wrote:

Clearer skys so maybe they are flying higher or the clouds aren;t bouncing the noise down to earth

Jeds probably right. My wife says I don't hear so good. Ain't got the heart to tell her I ain't interested in what she is saying.
2 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:50 pm

kenny thomas wrote:
dun wrote:
jedstivers wrote:Or maybe your ears don't work as well anymore.

Jeds probably right. My wife says I don't hear so good. Ain't got the heart to tell her I ain't interested in what she is saying.

The heart or the balls?
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:08 pm

dun wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:
dun wrote:Clearer skys so maybe they are flying higher or the clouds aren;t bouncing the noise down to earth

The heart or the balls?

Yes, neither
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:00 pm

dun wrote:Geese must be wherever they're going. Haven;t heard any for the past couple of days/nights.

I'm in Little Rock Ark currently. I have seen more geese in the sky today than I've seen at home in 2 years.
Some very low..most high up. I wouldn't begin to say what kind they are.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:08 am

greybeard wrote:

I'm in Little Rock Ark currently. I have seen more geese in the sky today than I've seen at home in 2 years.
Some very low..most high up. I wouldn't begin to say what kind they are.

Mostly snows. Some specks.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”