Old deer rifles

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Old deer rifles

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:26 pm

callmefence wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
That was the basis for the statement. Shows just how you can make a deceitful TRUTHFUL statement. :lol:

Most people can't hit a deer at 500 yards to wound it...unless its in the leg or toe. Anyone who hasn't shot at targets at 500+ yards has no idea how much a bullet drops. I was amazed how much a slight crosswind can affect point of aim.
I thought Cooper built hunting rifles. Here's our local long range gunsmith and he can walk the talk.
http://www.whiddengunworks.com

My point exactly. At those distances being off 15 yards in your yardage estimate can make the difference.
You have to know the exact distance and wind. You have to know your cartridge. You have to do math. And you have to have a rock solid multiple point rest..... Raven nailed it that's shooting, not hunting.
To each his own. Your place your deer.
I typically hunt with my rifle a small pair of Steiner binos. The same clothes I where every day. And three shells in my gun. Oh and my pocket knife.

Could you pull up. Get out of your truck
Rest your rifle on a the bed of your truck. And hit at around 700 yards every time on the first shot.?

Nope and I would never attempt such a shot on a deer. How can you kill seven doe's in a morning with only three bullets?
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Re: Old deer rifle7s

Postby callmefence » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:37 pm

It's four in one evening, and you take a friend

:cboy:
Last edited by callmefence on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:33 pm

Everybody else needs to quit deer hunting and just let ya'll handle everything.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:07 pm

ga.prime wrote:Everybody else needs to quit deer hunting and just let ya'll handle everything.

Do you know anything about a bear in Gum Swamp, supposedly there's one roaming around between you and me tearing up deer feeders.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:09 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:Jo I wouldn’t know how to act if it is past 30-30 distance. At the distance you hunt I would be just as effective with a butterfly net.
Here you go about 40 steps.

Did you shoot it?
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:17 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
ga.prime wrote:Everybody else needs to quit deer hunting and just let ya'll handle everything.

Do you know anything about a bear in Gum Swamp, supposedly there's one roaming around between you and me tearing up deer feeders.

Have not seen nor heard of such. I'll be on the lookout.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:45 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Jo I wouldn’t know how to act if it is past 30-30 distance. At the distance you hunt I would be just as effective with a butterfly net.
Here you go about 40 steps.

Did you shoot it?

No took pictures.
I was using them for bait.
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:12 am

True Grit Farms wrote:

I have a brother 14 years younger. Rob brought my niece over to see my cows a few years ago. My brother was commenting how well my cows do here on the farm. She ask, "Uncle Ron, why do your cows do so well". I said, "Emilie, its the influence of wood elves". She smiled a beautiful smile and said, "Nooooo". I said let me prove it. We took the utility vehicle to the "big stone" on the back 30 and I told her this story:

There are are woodland elves roaming around here.  Neighbor said they are sleeping in his barn loft.  He said he is missing a few chickens and an old pair of work shoes that were setting on the porch.  He said that was what made him sure they were elves.  He tracked them.  He said their feet was too small to keep the shoes on. He found the shoes where the mud sucked them off.  Right beside the shoes were these little elf feet tracks.

I took Emilie to the big stone.  The stone does not fit into the surroundings.  It is the size of a compact car.   It is out of place there.  I told her, I couldn't figure out why the stone was there.  Then I was back there at dusk one night and I saw elves coming out from under that big rock.  It is actually a portal to a woodland realm where elves live.  I told her I have only seen them 4 times.  They ask me to keep the portal secret and in exchange they would use their magic to make my cows flourish.  My cows do well because of the elven influence.  Their magic is good for cattle.

For a year after that, she kept asking me to take her to see the elves.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:18 am

ga.prime wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

Have not seen nor heard of such. I'll be on the lookout.

Seems like I remember seeing a pic of Sky with a big load of corn....I'm just saying.
0 x

David Crockett

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:35 am

Elves following the money under the "big stone"
1 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:53 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

I have a brother 14 years younger. Rob brought my niece over to see my cows a few years ago. My brother was commenting how well my cows do here on the farm. She ask, "Uncle Ron, why do your cows do so well". I said, "Emilie, its the influence of wood elves". She smiled a beautiful smile and said, "Nooooo". I said let me prove it. We took the utility vehicle to the "big stone" on the back 30 and I told her this story:

There are are woodland elves roaming around here.  Neighbor said they are sleeping in his barn loft.  He said he is missing a few chickens and an old pair of work shoes that were setting on the porch.  He said that was what made him sure they were elves.  He tracked them.  He said their feet was too small to keep the shoes on. He found the shoes where the mud sucked them off.  Right beside the shoes were these little elf feet tracks.

I took Emilie to the big stone.  The stone does not fit into the surroundings.  It is the size of a compact car.   It is out of place there.  I told her, I couldn't figure out why the stone was there.  Then I was back there at dusk one night and I saw elves coming out from under that big rock.  It is actually a portal to a woodland realm where elves live.  I told her I have only seen them 4 times.  They ask me to keep the portal secret and in exchange they would use their magic to make my cows flourish.  My cows do well because of the elven influence.  Their magic is good for cattle.

For a year after that, she kept asking me to take her to see the elves.

You do realize that you broke your deal with the elves..
1 x

David Crockett

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”