Chacma Baboons

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Chacma Baboons

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:26 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
bball wrote:Any idea what there strength to body weight ratio Is? I imagine they're quite strong.

Brad,

I suspect baboons are rated toward the top of the mammalian class in strength but the chimpanzees are considered one of the strongest mammals. The hyena has the most pounds per square inch jaw strength. Primates are strong. Homo sapiens are the only primate that deliberately demonstrates strength but that is more a specialty. As a species we are one of the weaker primates. The least shrew is considered the most ferocious mammal. They might only have the weight of a dime coin but they will take on others 10 times their size.

We are not primates, we are human beings.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:02 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
bball wrote:Any idea what there strength to body weight ratio Is? I imagine they're quite strong.

Brad,

I suspect baboons are rated toward the top of the mammalian class in strength but the chimpanzees are considered one of the strongest mammals. The hyena has the most pounds per square inch jaw strength. Primates are strong. Homo sapiens are the only primate that deliberately demonstrates strength but that is more a specialty. As a species we are one of the weaker primates. The least shrew is considered the most ferocious mammal. They might only have the weight of a dime coin but they will take on others 10 times their size.

And to think, I went to bat to get you back!
1 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Brad,

And to think, I went to bat to get you back!

...and an angel got his wings...
1 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”