college football

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15697
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

college football

Postby greybeard » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:51 am

Alabama is no longer undefeated.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

User avatar
Craig Miller
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:29 pm
Location: Nw Alabama

Re: college football

Postby Craig Miller » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:05 am

That game changed everything. Who is gonna be top 4?
0 x

User avatar
haase
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 828
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 am
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: college football

Postby haase » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:03 am

Not Sure if Wisconsin will make it, still undefeated, but think strength of schedule will play in it.
0 x

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15697
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: college football

Postby greybeard » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:36 am

Clemson
OK
Wisconsin
Auburn
Strength of schedule.....
At the start of the season, Alabama's schedule looked pretty tough, but as the season progressed, their best wins have come against three-loss LSU, which lost to Troy, and four-loss Mississippi State. Their only other Power 5 win against an opponent over .500 was vs. Texas A&M which has now lost 5 games.
If Auburn goes on to win the SEC, the loss to them might actually help Alabama's case.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4639
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: college football

Postby Son of Butch » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:19 pm

Alabama loss hurts Wisconsin's chances by allowing more teams into a legitimate discussion.
Will be interesting to see if Big 10 is excluded from the final 4 this year.
0 x

User avatar
haase
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 828
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 am
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: college football

Postby haase » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:54 pm

If Wisconsin wins against Ohio State next week Alabama won't be in a legitimate discussion, lotta tide fans will be pulling for the buckeyes.
0 x

wlamarparmer
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 10:57 am
Location: West Central Georgia

Re: college football

Postby wlamarparmer » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:21 pm

No matte what WDE (War D**n Eagle), will be pulling for my Tigers and Wisconsin. Predict Oklahoma, Clemson,
Georgia, Wisconsin final four, Think Georgia too good to beat twice in one year.
1 x

User avatar
Craig Miller
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:29 pm
Location: Nw Alabama

Re: college football

Postby Craig Miller » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:22 pm

wlamarparmer wrote:No matte what WDE (War D**n Eagle), will be pulling for my Tigers and Wisconsin. Predict Oklahoma, Clemson,
Georgia, Wisconsin final four, Think Georgia too good to beat twice in one year.


I think you may be right. It would be great to see alabama and auburn both in the top four. We could end up with an alabama auburn national championship game
0 x

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5016
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Austin Texas

Re: college football

Postby Kingfisher » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:08 pm

Some how some way Bama will be there
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15697
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: college football

Postby greybeard » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:52 pm

Texas A&M is looking for a new head coach...Sumlin fired.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4639
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: college football

Postby Son of Butch » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:26 am

Kingfisher wrote:Some how some way Bama will be there

That's my thought too.
0 x

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4639
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: college football

Postby Son of Butch » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:24 am

greybeard wrote:Texas A&M is looking for a new head coach...Sumlin fired.

Mn Gophers hired PJ Fleck January 2017
Fleck made $800k at Western Michigan in 2016 and Gophers paid him 3.5 million to come to Minnesota.
5 yr contract 18.5 million total making him the 6th highest paid coach in the Big Ten (14) schools.
Plus they paid 8 million buyout to get rid of the previous head coach and his 13 assistants.

2015 Gophers 3-6 and 9th of 14 in Tracy Claeys 1st year as Head Coach
2016 Gophers 5-4 finished 7th of 14 in Big 10 and Claeys fired

2017 Gophers 2-7 tied at 13th for the 2nd worst record in the Big 10 with 3 other teams... Illinois was 0-9
So of course the state of Minnesota rewarded him with a 1 year extension making it a 22.25 million 6 yr contract.

Average NFL head coach $4.85 million per year, average age 52
Fleck 37, 3.75 mil extension 5 lowest NFL head coaches $3.5 m and the NFL plays 30% more games per year.
0 x

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6064
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: college football

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:13 am

Son of Butch wrote:
greybeard wrote:Texas A&M is looking for a new head coach...Sumlin fired.

Mn Gophers hired PJ Fleck January 2017
Fleck made $800k at Western Michigan in 2016 and Gophers paid him 3.5 million to come to Minnesota.
5 yr contract 18.5 million total making him the 6th highest paid coach in the Big Ten (14) schools.
Plus they paid 8 million buyout to get rid of the previous head coach and his 13 assistants.

2015 Gophers 3-6 and 9th of 14 in Tracy Claeys 1st year as Head Coach
2016 Gophers 5-4 finished 7th of 14 in Big 10 and Claeys fired

2017 Gophers 2-7 tied at 13th for the 2nd worst record in the Big 10 with 3 other teams... Illinois was 0-9
So of course the state of Minnesota rewarded him with a 1 year extension making it a 22.25 million 6 yr contract.

Average NFL head coach $4.85 million per year, average age 52
Fleck 37, 3.75 mil extension 5 lowest NFL head coaches $3.5 m and the NFL plays 30% more games per year.

Sounds like Minnesota is most of the politicians alma mater.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29153
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: college football

Postby TexasBred » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:12 am

greybeard wrote:Texas A&M is looking for a new head coach...Sumlin fired.

Yep....amazing how fickle the alumni are these days. Give you a raise and extension one year then run you off the next. Ten million should last him a little while anyway. 8-5 may look darn good the next few years.
1 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5016
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Austin Texas

Re: college football

Postby Kingfisher » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:57 pm

:stop:
Kingfisher wrote:Some how some way Bama will be there

If they don't make final four I hope OU doesn't make it either and we get to watch the top pop off lower teir bowls bidding on a Bama Sooners rematch from @3 years ago. Remember that one? I think they would match up pretty good again this year.
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.


Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests