Texas high school football playoffs

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
f1tiger
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:34 pm

Texas high school football playoffs

Postby f1tiger » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:40 pm

Nothing compares toTexas high school football: game of the week this Weekend playoffs is 6A div 2: Lufkin vs Longview ; last time they played in quarter finals they drew 27000 fans. ( hopefully next week we can see Katy vs Allen in div 1 6A) that will be the the best of the best ; ) Texas high school football is the greatest......even if their team is not good the local fans will still fill the stands and support them: that is what it is all about
0 x

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 21635
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Texas high school football playoffs

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:54 pm

Our boys are 3A got defeated in the bi-district playoffs by Rockdale.
0 x

User avatar
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11304
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:31 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Texas high school football playoffs

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:10 pm

Ahhhh I love playoff time.

We won 2 state championships when I was in school. Surprisingly, we only had 3 plays.

Bigfoot to the left, Bigfoot to the right, and Bigfoot down the middle.

Basketball wasn't nearly as complicated. We stuck with just one play. Get the ball to Bigfoot.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

f1tiger
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:34 pm

Re: Texas high school football playoffs

Postby f1tiger » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Enjoy your humor , but texas high school football is what it is all about: check and see where all the college top players are from and NFL; you want to compare stats: if you were playing in Texas high school it would Bigfoot sacked,Bigfoot sacked,Bigfoot sacked : hate to bust your bubble but Texas High School Football is where it all begins and ends : sorry big guy but that is how it is
0 x

User avatar
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11304
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:31 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Texas high school football playoffs

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:11 am

f1tiger wrote:Enjoy your humor , but texas high school football is what it is all about: check and see where all the college top players are from and NFL; you want to compare stats: if you were playing in Texas high school it would Bigfoot sacked,Bigfoot sacked,Bigfoot sacked : hate to bust your bubble but Texas High School Football is where it all begins and ends : sorry big guy but that is how it is


I'm actually not much of an athlete. I considered being in the marching band, but chose the guitar instead. I couldn't picture me inviting some young lady up to my dorm room to hear me play the tuba.
1 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 21635
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Texas high school football playoffs

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:06 am

f1tiger wrote:Enjoy your humor , but texas high school football is what it is all about: check and see where all the college top players are from and NFL; you want to compare stats: if you were playing in Texas high school it would Bigfoot sacked,Bigfoot sacked,Bigfoot sacked : hate to bust your bubble but Texas High School Football is where it all begins and ends : sorry big guy but that is how it is


It is very serious business with Campbell’s rankings of teams by division in the state along with the players.
Oldest son was ranked as linebacker and WR. This made a huge difference in where the offers came from.
UCLA, Rice, Tarleton State offered scholarships several others came in to evaluate him for their programs.
I remember SMU, SHSU, Lamar and ACU.
https://www.texasfootball.com/rankings/

Then coaches like Rusty Dowling can command just about anything they need or want. He has had 11 State play off appearances in 14 years in 5A and 4A schools.
He now is the executive director of the
Texas High School Athletic Directors Association.

This is big business.
0 x

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28525
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Texas high school football playoffs

Postby TexasBred » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:35 am

Only thing that bothers me about it is situations like a few weeks ago. We went to a small school (2-A) to watch my grandson play a Jr. high game. The entire community and especially the school facilities looked like a complete disaster area...................but............they had a turf football field with an 8 lane track around it.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8677
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Texas high school football playoffs

Postby slick4591 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:21 am

f1tiger wrote:snip...
( hopefully next week we can see Katy vs Allen in div 1 6A) that will be the the best of the best ; ) Texas high school football is the greatest......
...snip



I'm not sure if Allen did it right or wrong, but they knew early on they could only grow to a point. What they did was build one humongous high school that would bring in all the kids to one school instead of splitting them up. They've been a powerhouse ever since.
Last edited by slick4591 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 21635
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Texas high school football playoffs

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:21 am

TexasBred wrote:Only thing that bothers me about it is situations like a few weeks ago. We went to a small school (2-A) to watch my grandson play a Jr. high game. The entire community and especially the school facilities looked like a complete disaster area...................but............they had a turf football field with an 8 lane track around it.


They tried to float a 60 million dollar bond here last year for new athletic facilities.
It didn’t pass.
0 x

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28525
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Texas high school football playoffs

Postby TexasBred » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:26 pm

slick4591 wrote:
f1tiger wrote:snip...
( hopefully next week we can see Katy vs Allen in div 1 6A) that will be the the best of the best ; ) Texas high school football is the greatest......
...snip



I'm not sure if Allen did it right or wrong, but they knew early on they could only grow to a point. What they did was build one humongous high school that would bring in all the kids to one school instead of splitting them up. They've been a powerhouse ever since.

Close to 7K in HS alone. Wonder if they learn anything. Got one hellacious football program. Watched a little of their game last week. Offensive line averaged 280.... :shock: :shock:
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28525
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Texas high school football playoffs

Postby TexasBred » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:28 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Only thing that bothers me about it is situations like a few weeks ago. We went to a small school (2-A) to watch my grandson play a Jr. high game. The entire community and especially the school facilities looked like a complete disaster area...................but............they had a turf football field with an 8 lane track around it.


They tried to float a 60 million dollar bond here last year for new athletic facilities.
It didn’t pass.

Dam CB I didn't figure that shythole you live in even had a 60 million dollar tax base. :lol: :hide:
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

f1tiger
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:34 pm

Re: Texas high school football playoffs

Postby f1tiger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Largest crowd for Texas playoff Allen vs Pearland 2013 @ jerry world 54,347
0 x

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 21635
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Texas high school football playoffs

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:12 pm

f1tiger wrote:Largest crowd for Texas playoff Allen vs Pearland 2013 @ jerry world 54,347



Mission and La Marque were the powerhouses in the 80’s.
LMISD is in receivership today have no clue what happed to Mission.
0 x


Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests