Fun Rifle

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Fun Rifle

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Just picked up a Rossi M92 lever action in .38 Special/357 Mag. I have always liked the lever action rifles and enjoy target shooting and predator hunting around the farm. I got the stainless steel model because I think it will hold up a little better riding around in the Gator... The Rossi seems to be a decent rifle for the money (I paid $450.00 new). Anyone else have this rifle?
1 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Re: Fun Rifle

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:16 pm

TN Cattle Man wrote:Just picked up a Rossi M92 lever action in .38 Special/357 Mag. I have always liked the lever action rifles and enjoy target shooting and predator hunting around the farm. I got the stainless steel model because I think it will hold up a little better riding around in the Gator... The Rossi seems to be a decent rifle for the money (I paid $450.00 new). Anyone else have this rifle?

I have one in 44 special/44 mag carry on the Mule constantly this time of year. It’s deadly on hogs and deer.
I am not crazy about the safety, I found a guy that sells a kit to remove it.
I had problem with it shooting mags high with the elevator out. Had to file the notch in the rear site deeper.
I shoot hot 44 mags at 2100 fps.
1 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:27 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
TN Cattle Man wrote:Just picked up a Rossi M92 lever action in .38 Special/357 Mag. I have always liked the lever action rifles and enjoy target shooting and predator hunting around the farm. I got the stainless steel model because I think it will hold up a little better riding around in the Gator... The Rossi seems to be a decent rifle for the money (I paid $450.00 new). Anyone else have this rifle?

I have one in 44 special/44 mag carry on the Mule constantly this time of year. It’s deadly on hogs and deer.
I am not crazy about the safety, I found a guy that sells a kit to remove it.
I had problem with it shooting mags high with the elevator out. Had to file the notch in the rear site deeper.
I shoot hot 44 mags at 2100 fps.

I agree with you on the safety... not the best I've ever seen! I shot a box of .357 Mags through it and was quite impressed with the accuracy of it with just the iron sights. For the money, it's a hard gun to beat for what I plan to use it for.
1 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:37 pm

I just leave mine on fire and half cock as safety that has served the lever guns for over a hundred years.
It’s a dang lawyer feature
Here is a link to the gunsmith that makes the plug.
https://store.stevesgunz.com/index.php? ... ducts_id=7
1 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:08 am

I enjoy lever guns also. It should be a great gun for what you are using it for.
1 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:I just leave mine on fire and half cock as safety that has served the lever guns for over a hundred years.
It’s a dang lawyer feature
Here is a link to the gunsmith that makes the plug.
https://store.stevesgunz.com/index.php? ... ducts_id=7

Thanks for the link... I leave mine on "fire" as well. Always thought that the hammer not being cocked was a good enough safety!!
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:15 pm

Brute 23 wrote:I enjoy lever guns also. It should be a great gun for what you are using it for.

Yep, there is just something special about those cowboy action rifles!!
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”