TPWD purposed regulation changes

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

TPWD purposed regulation changes

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:35 pm

1 x

houstoncutter
GURU
GURU

Re: TPWD purposed regulation changes

Postby houstoncutter » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:23 pm

They need to open a Gator season other than core countries. Fishing up Caney Creek on Livingston last few days . Gators are everywhere you look.

I even heard some gators committed suicide during duck season!
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:40 pm

It's about time they standardize the deer seasons. That has never made sense.

They need to add a couple weeks to the second dove season on south zone. The birds have changed with the weather. They don't get this far south until later in the season.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:42 am

I'd like to see deer season open first weekend in November and end first January. I don't agree with bow season in October. Musket season etc. Should be one season...you can hunt with what you please. Deer season is to dam long and it's to hot to be hanging meat in October anyway.
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:03 am

callmefence wrote:I'd like to see deer season open first weekend in November and end first January. I don't agree with bow season in October. Musket season etc. Should be one season...you can hunt with what you please. Deer season is to dam long and it's to hot to be hanging meat in October anyway.

You loose this is not about deer management. This is about the bucks spent chasing the buck.
Do some research on the appointed TPWD commissioners and this highly sought prestigious position. You and I are p ants to the billion dollar organizations driving the bus.
We have two options buy a ticket and ride or sit on the bench.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:09 am

callmefence wrote:I'd like to see deer season open first weekend in November and end first January. I don't agree with bow season in October. Musket season etc. Should be one season...you can hunt with what you please. Deer season is to dam long and it's to hot to be hanging meat in October anyway.

It's people and deer management and money grabbing season around here. The state issues more crop depredations permits every year and anything goes even on leased land. And yet they tell me I can only shoot 12 deer a year and that I must call them in and fill out a license before I can move them. I don't get it, DNR is a joke.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:11 am

houstoncutter wrote:They need to open a Gator season other than core countries. Fishing up Caney Creek on Livingston last few days . Gators are everywhere you look.

I even heard some gators committed suicide during duck season!

There is rumors of a couple over at Dam B.
The gators here are feeling frisky lots of booming going on.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:12 am

Caustic Burno wrote:

You loose this is not about deer management. This is about the bucks spent chasing the buck.
Do some research on the appointed TPWD commissioners and this highly sought prestigious position. You and I are p ants to the billion dollar organizations driving the bus.

I just stated what I would like to see.
My statement has nothing to do with deer management. A 4 month season is a pia for those of us who make their living working in the brush.
0 x

David Crockett

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:18 am

callmefence wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

I just stated what I would like to see.
My statement has nothing to do with deer management. A 4 month season is a pia for those of us who make their living working in the brush.

My point exactly a field hand doesn’t have an opinion. If you or I think your more than that in the eyes of those making the rules you have BSed yourself.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:37 am

True Grit Farms wrote:

It's people and deer management and money grabbing season around here. The state issues more crop depredations permits every year and anything goes even on leased land. And yet they tell me I can only shoot 12 deer a year and that I must call them in and fill out a license before I can move them. I don't get it, DNR is a joke.

I don't know how many does we shot this year. But we put it on em. It's like someone trucks them in. The oats fields can't hardly grow from the deer pressure on them. I never thought I'd see the day Id consider shooting deer just to get rid of them. Their almost worse than pigs.
They stay in the same area and eat anything you try to grow. Pigs come through one night like Comanches and then their gone.
We're allowed 5 per hunter. Of course everyone has a license.. :D
0 x

David Crockett

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:42 am

At least you can still drive through a pasture that the deer have been feeding in. Them pigs are ruff on a back.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:34 pm

I agree they need to do away with the early bow season.

Season has to go later in south Texas because they don't even rut until late December.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:28 am

Brute 23 wrote:I agree they need to do away with the early bow season.

Season has to go later in south Texas because they don't even rut until late December.

Our rut is almost over by the time gun season opens here. Best chances to see a really nice buck are mid October through the first week of November.
Then again here season dates don’t mean much . The Houston crowd hunts hard from opening weekend till thanksgiving then most pack it up till next year except a few diehards.
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:33 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:I agree they need to do away with the early bow season.

Our rut is almost over by the time gun season opens here. Best chances to see a really nice buck are mid October through the first week of November.
Then again here season dates don’t mean much . The Houston crowd hunts hard from opening weekend till thanksgiving then most pack it up till next year except a few diehards.

That's good for the herd. The bucks are breeding before getting shot.

I know a lot of people that start hunting early in central Texas then go to south Texas to round it out after Xmas.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”