NCAA Basketball

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29092
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: NCAA Basketball

Postby TexasBred » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:I see a lot of empty seats on tv in the arenas in the early round 1 games. I'm sure that will change on the weekends.

Appears 13 seed Buffalo could be wearing the glass slippers at the dance this year.

It looked pretty full here. Not surprising since we have a lot of folks here willing to pay a lot for things without care.

Just nothing else to do in Idaho. :hide:
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1953
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho

Re: NCAA Basketball

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:00 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:I see a lot of empty seats on tv in the arenas in the early round 1 games. I'm sure that will change on the weekends.

Appears 13 seed Buffalo could be wearing the glass slippers at the dance this year.

It looked pretty full here. Not surprising since we have a lot of folks here willing to pay a lot for things without care.

Just nothing else to do in Idaho. :hide:

Not too far from the truth. We have A LOT of transplants here that live in suburban neighborhoods. They spend their weekends shopping and drinking craft beer.
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh

User avatar
haase
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 814
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 am
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: NCAA Basketball

Postby haase » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Guess that's what keeps the area going.
1 x

torogmc81
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1065
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:37 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: NCAA Basketball

Postby torogmc81 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:08 pm

Open up a new checking or savings account today, and receive a $25 gift card on us.

UMBC, where banking is done right. Come see us!!!





What the hull happened. Epic upset. Epic fail. My jaw is still on the ground. WOW!!!!!!!!!!
0 x

A.J.
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 883
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:19 pm
Location: NE Tennessee

Re: NCAA Basketball

Postby A.J. » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:31 pm

UMBC could do no wrong in that game. Very impressive. Hopefully they can keep it up. Being able to see David take down Goliath is what makes March Madness so great.
2 x

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4553
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: NCAA Basketball

Postby Son of Butch » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:24 am

what da he//
UMBC 74
Virginia 54

16 University of Maryland Baltimore County (I had to look it up) 25-10
crushing The number 1 team in the nation by 20 points!!!
I could maybe understand a buzzer beater........ but 20 F.N. points!?!
0 x

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4553
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: NCAA Basketball

Postby Son of Butch » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:16 am

IF anyone ever complains about EPDs again by pointing to one individual calf they had as an outlier I guess pointing to March Madness NCAA brackets and this individual game works to explain the difficulty when variables are involved in Estimating Predicted Differences.
0 x

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4553
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: NCAA Basketball

Postby Son of Butch » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:57 am

Son of Butch wrote:My March Madness Round 1 upset predictions
9 Kansas St over 8 Creighton... 9 over 8 isn't much of an upset, so I'll just pick one
10 Texas over 7 Nevada
11 San Diego St over 6 Houston
10 Butler over 7 Arkansas
10 Oklahoma over 7 Rhode Island


15 Georgia State knocking off 2 Cincinnati....would be fun... but I can't pick crazy long shots

Mildly disappointed my 1st round upset picks went 2-3 but at least All my picks gave a good accounting.

Butler 79
Arkansas 62

Kansas State 69
Creighton 59

San Diego St 65
Houston 67

Texas 83
Nevada 87

and Oklahoma losing in overtime to Rhode Island

But Virginia losing blew up my bracket as bad as last year when I took Michigan State to win it all.
:cry2:

p.s.
Really sux I didn't even get to see the game and only found out when I read the box scores afterward.
0 x

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5131
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: NCAA Basketball

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:18 am

Son of Butch wrote:what da he//
UMBC 74
Virginia 54

16 University of Maryland Baltimore County (I had to look it up) 25-10
crushing The number 1 team in the nation by 20 points!!!
I could maybe understand a buzzer beater........ but 20 F.N. points!?!


Maybe the ACC is not as good as they are advertised.
0 x

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1578
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm
Location: Western tip of VA

Re: NCAA Basketball

Postby jltrent » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:34 am

Bright Raven wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:what da he//
UMBC 74
Virginia 54

16 University of Maryland Baltimore County (I had to look it up) 25-10
crushing The number 1 team in the nation by 20 points!!!
I could maybe understand a buzzer beater........ but 20 F.N. points!?!


Maybe the ACC is not as good as they are advertised.


Virginia made history, but in a bad way. Probably be many years before it happens again.
0 x

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5131
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: NCAA Basketball

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:05 am

jltrent wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:what da he//
UMBC 74
Virginia 54

16 University of Maryland Baltimore County (I had to look it up) 25-10
crushing The number 1 team in the nation by 20 points!!!
I could maybe understand a buzzer beater........ but 20 F.N. points!?!


Maybe the ACC is not as good as they are advertised.


Virginia made history, but in a bad way. Probably be many years before it happens again.


It made that bracket Kentucky is in a lot easier if you put value in the seeding process.
0 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11048
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: NCAA Basketball

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:17 am

Bright Raven wrote:
jltrent wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Maybe the ACC is not as good as they are advertised.


Virginia made history, but in a bad way. Probably be many years before it happens again.


It made that bracket Kentucky is in a lot easier if you put value in the seeding process.


Probably the same thing UVA was thinking until...
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5131
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: NCAA Basketball

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:19 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
jltrent wrote:
Virginia made history, but in a bad way. Probably be many years before it happens again.


It made that bracket Kentucky is in a lot easier if you put value in the seeding process.


Probably the same thing UVA was thinking until...


Yep. I think those lower to middle majors that win their way into the tournament - win for a good reason.
0 x

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29092
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: NCAA Basketball

Postby TexasBred » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:53 am

Son of Butch wrote:IF anyone ever complains about EPDs again by pointing to one individual calf they had as an outlier I guess pointing to March Madness NCAA brackets and this individual game works to explain the difficulty when variables are involved in Estimating Predicted Differences.

What you did the night before probably has more effect on performance than anything
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4553
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: NCAA Basketball

Postby Son of Butch » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:01 am

With games like this TB you can stay drunk and it wouldn't effect your performance in filling out NCAA brackets.
0 x


Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests