The Judge

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: The Judge

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:18 am

TCRanch wrote:Did I do okay? Bought Hubby a Taurus "The Judge" 45C revolver for Father's Day with a selection of Hornady Critical Defense shotshells, Federal Premium 410 Personal Defense shotshells and Winchester PDX1 410 Defender projectiles. He needed (wanted) something to carry in the tractor and a neighbor/friend that is a former military sniper recommended a Judge.

Anyone else have one? Likes, dislikes? Owner of the gun shop (also a neighbor) said he'd take it back if it didn't work out.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=106307&p=1375745&hilit=judge#p1375745

I like it but isnt the most comfortable grip imo.. I agree with the patterning IMO its a close quarters gun only
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

AdamsCreek
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby AdamsCreek » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:32 pm

It ain’t good for shooting at the law
https://youtu.be/HKg8c6RypuY
0 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:31 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
TCRanch wrote:Did I do okay? Bought Hubby a Taurus "The Judge" 45C revolver for Father's Day with a selection of Hornady Critical Defense shotshells, Federal Premium 410 Personal Defense shotshells and Winchester PDX1 410 Defender projectiles. He needed (wanted) something to carry in the tractor and a neighbor/friend that is a former military sniper recommended a Judge.

Anyone else have one? Likes, dislikes? Owner of the gun shop (also a neighbor) said he'd take it back if it didn't work out.

I like it but isnt the most comfortable grip imo.. I agree with the patterning IMO its a close quarters gun only

See how we think alike? Thanks for the input!
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:05 pm

TCRanch wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:

See how we think alike? Thanks for the input!

:cowboy: ;-)
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:21 pm

I love mine. It fits in the breast pocket of my chest waders. When I am trot lining in waders and get into a cotton mouth, the 410 is a sure thing. Perfect. It is also SS so if it happens to get wet its not that big of a deal.

I did buy some defender rounds for the boss lady. If would not be high on my picks around the house for self defense, but it would absolutely work in an emergency. The defender rounds are pretty impressive. Don't know that I would ever use the 45.

You did great.
1 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Ryder
GURU
GURU

Postby Ryder » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:36 pm

AdamsCreek wrote:It ain’t good for shooting at the law
https://youtu.be/HKg8c6RypuY

Deputy is irresponsible climbing on the wrong end of the gate. :mad:
1 x
Ryder

Deo Vindice

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”