Finished

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Finished

Postby greybeard » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:43 am

backhoeboogie wrote:
Carpenter2n wrote:why do you call it hunting?

Mostly because I don't like getting that call to go find a gut shot deer the city boys were chasing. Stand hunting is one shot, no waste.

CB mine are steel. 20 foot legs. I lay them up in the dump trailer with the box hanging out the top and use the hydraulics to get them up about 60%. Then they pull right on up easily. You need a back tie in case someone pulls too hard.

I drive T posts deep at the bases so that the wind doesn't topple them. So far I have been lucky.

Carpeted floor and walls holds down noise. Remnants work perfect.

I don't know how long the legs are, but there's one just like that sitting on my place..belonged to my brother. Anchored down with teeposts too. I think it has a wood floor tho.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:38 am

Caustic Burno wrote:Got all the grandkids set up in their own stand. That makes 6 box stands.

My granddaddy took me out deer hunting. It was a coming of age thing. He handed me a board and pointed to a "good tree"

It must be really nice to have box stands like that when you are just getting started. CB you are spoiling them.
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:58 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Got all the grandkids set up in their own stand. That makes 6 box stands.

My granddaddy took me out deer hunting. It was a coming of age thing. He handed me a board and pointed to a "good tree"

It must be really nice to have box stands like that when you are just getting started. CB you are spoiling them.

Got that right.
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.