Not just Kentucky

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU

Re: Not just Kentucky

Post by Brookhill Angus » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:10 pm

Ky hills wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:19 pm
Ebenezer wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:08 pm
Need to get Southern Living to start including Buzzard recipes in each issue. They tried nutria recipes and cooking contests in LA to get folks to start taking some of them out. Last I knew, they were still doing more hoping that seeing masses cooking nutria. We live in a messed up world where predators and nuisances have more rights than citizens.
I doubt there'd be many takers on the buzzard recipes either.
You are right, those black buzzards should not have any protected status whatsoever. It is my theory that they are crowding out the turkey buzzards.
Totally agree!

"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:19 pm

I have heard T or F shot causes reduction and relocation.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

Ebenezer
GURU
GURU

Post by Ebenezer » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:11 am

Ky hills wrote:
Ebenezer wrote:
Need to get Southern Living to start including Buzzard recipes in each issue. They tried nutria recipes and cooking contests in LA to get folks to start taking some of them out. Last I knew, they were still doing more hoping that seeing masses cooking nutria. We live in a messed up world where predators and nuisances have more rights than citizens.
You are right, those black buzzards should not have any protected status whatsoever. It is my theory that they are crowding out the turkey buzzards.
What I have read is that the black headed buzzards cannot find carcasses as well as red heads. They watch redheads and follow them to the meals. We have breeding pairs of red heads here and they are not a real problem to me other than getting on cow troughs to take a drink and then sitting on the closest post to preen or whatever.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:26 am

Ebenezer wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:11 am
Ky hills wrote:
Ebenezer wrote:
What I have read is that the black headed buzzards cannot find carcasses as well as red heads. They watch redheads and follow them to the meals. We have breeding pairs of red heads here and they are not a real problem to me other than getting on cow troughs to take a drink and then sitting on the closest post to preen or whatever.
That’s because the turkey buzzard can smell carrion for miles away the Mexican vultures are like most other birds and have no to little olfactory senses.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.