Shotgun

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Limomike
GURU
GURU

Post by Limomike » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:57 am

I also got my son an Ithaca single shot .410 when he was about 8 yrs old. He has now graduated to using my Remington 11-87 12 guage. Shoots smooth...
** All good things take time ***

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Post by dun » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:38 am

My first shotgun was a bolt action H&R Gamemaster with one of those garden hose nozzle chokes. Barrel must have been 4 foot long.
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Capt Call
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Capt Call » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:35 pm

dun wrote:My first shotgun was a bolt action H&R Gamemaster with one of those garden hose nozzle chokes. Barrel must have been 4 foot long.

My first was Grandpa's old L.C. Smith choked full by full 32 inch barrels.

Tegerian
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Tegerian » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:06 pm

My Great Grandfather had a Combo gun, 2-16ga barrels over a rifle barrel (can't remember the rifle caliber at the moment) really beautiful old gun, my Mom's uncle got that one when he passed away, but I keep trying to talk him out of it. :lol:
"The most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help."-Ronald Reagan

Wewild
GURU
GURU

Post by Wewild » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:13 pm

Capt Call wrote:
dun wrote:My first shotgun was a bolt action H&R Gamemaster with one of those garden hose nozzle chokes. Barrel must have been 4 foot long.

My first was Grandpa's old L.C. Smith choked full by full 32 inch barrels.

Nice. How old were you?
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Wewild
GURU
GURU

Post by Wewild » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:16 pm

How young were you? I'm getting a kick out of the last 2 visuals I got about youngsters with a firearm as tall as them.
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Hayes' Farms
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Hayes' Farms » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:26 pm

What ever kind of gut you buy for your grandson, it will always be his favorite. I am very very close to my papaw, he gave me a single shot bolt action remington .22 I know it not a shot gun, my first shotgun was 1100 Remington LT Special, but out of all my rifles, pistols, shotguns those are my favorite. Dad gave me the 20ga as a christmas gift. No amount of money could ever buy those 2 guns.