I saw the strangest thing today

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
GMN
GURU
GURU

I saw the strangest thing today

Postby GMN » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:05 pm

I went to Burger King there was a poodle service dog with colored purple ears sure made me do a double take never saw a purple poodle
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: I saw the strangest thing today

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:26 pm

GMN wrote:I went to Burger King there was a poodle service dog with colored purple ears sure made me do a double take never saw a purple poodle

Not sure if it's catching on everywhere or not, but people are getting service dogs here for various mental disorders. Things like anxiety etc. I'm pretty sure some are just an excuse to take your lap dog anywhere and everywhere. Sat in a meeting with a lady a few weeks ago that had one. I dug around the internet till I found some online noises that drove dogs crazy. Most fun I've had in a while.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:36 pm

I see those are 40k plus dogs too....;). Got to be some of our money in their development ..
Must have been dog day at Home Depot. Never seen that many people w their dogs at HD in my life. What's up w that?!? Who brings their pit bull to a lumber yard ?!? Keep Austin Weird.
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:23 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
GMN wrote:I went to Burger King there was a poodle service dog with colored purple ears sure made me do a double take never saw a purple poodle

Not sure if it's catching on everywhere or not, but people are getting service dogs here for various mental disorders. Things like anxiety etc. I'm pretty sure some are just an excuse to take your lap dog anywhere and everywhere. Sat in a meeting with a lady a few weeks ago that had one. I dug around the internet till I found some online noises that drove dogs crazy. Most fun I've had in a while.

According to the ADA website, those froo froo dogs people claim are for anxiety, depression, whatever, are NOT service animals. Businesses can actually ask them to leave if the dog is not trained to do a specific task. I think most companies put up with it because they have the wrong information and don't want to risk a lawsuit.
0 x
Boot Jack Cattle LLC & Boot Jack Boers

MistyMorning
GURU
GURU

Postby MistyMorning » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:13 pm

I saw a dog sitting in someone's shopping cart today. Not a service dog. I'm thinking "REALLY" I have 3 yes 3 yellow labs at home and I came shopping to get away from their constant chit show!
0 x
I have long known it was part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth... ~ Bill Bryson

regolith
GURU
GURU

Postby regolith » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:13 pm

I took my farm dog into the central business area of one of our cities a few times when I was homeless, not realising it was illegal to have non-service dogs there.

Several times I tied him outside a shop or gallery, only to have the owner urge me to bring 'her' in and not leave him alone there.
When I used an internet café a few times, I asked permission to bring him in. He was a farm dog - not house-trained or allowed in the house when at home, never done this before. But each time he lay quietly under my seat for an hour while I used the internet.

As for the purple - I suppose that's some sort of shampoo? I saw a pink dog once, and it looked pretty neat, would have done it myself except I didn't have any white pets that might tolerate bathing an shampooing.
0 x
Stepping backwards and progress are not mutually exclusive

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:52 pm

Kingfisher wrote:
Must have been dog day at Home Depot. Never seen that many people w their dogs at HD in my life. What's up w that?!? Who brings their pit bull to a lumber yard ?!? Keep Austin Weird.

The local Lowe's allows/doesn't mind folks bringing their dogs, especially on less-traffic days, to aid in the training of the dogs. Its nice to have another place, besides PetSmart. Lots of folks take their dogs to obediance classes and having a venue to take the dog where there are distractions is helpful in the training. Much like the training for future service dogs.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”