Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14185
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Postby greybeard » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:10 am

Evidently, my dog loves licking his gonads and pecker more than anything else--well, almost anything else....but almost all that's gonna come to a halt on March 16 when the vet gets done.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

talltimber
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1203
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:29 pm
Location: Southeast Missouri

Re: Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Postby talltimber » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:58 am

Duke is my buddy, and duck bringer-backer. He really gets fired up over going duck hunting, naturally, but also a chance to retrieve bumpers I throw for him. He's older now and I don't take him on the hard hunts anymore, or throw quite as many bumpers for him when it's hot out. His heart barely fits inside him it appears, but his body is betraying him. We have some things in common.

The third thing, and most odd, is that he's got a thing for empty, plastic soda bottles. He checks the floorboard of the truck every time he gets a chance and will take off across the yard with it, chewing it and making it pop and crackle. He finds a place to lay down and chew it until he gets the cap off. And that's it, very rarely touches it again until we have a cleanup day and I send him to each one for him to bring to me to get rid of. I think he brought me 11 last time to throw away. Sometimes I have to correct him and send him back when he starts back with a stick instead of the chewed up bottle. He just can't imagine why I'd want a chewed up old bottle I guess, when a good stick is so much more interesting.
0 x
If you cross the river before, leave a good horse on this side.

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28061
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Postby TexasBred » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:34 pm

My weenie dog loves the belly rubs, chewing on any toy that has stuffing in it so she can eventually make a hole and pull out all the stuffing and lastly giving the cat pure he//.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

User avatar
Ky hills
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1015
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Clark County, KY

Re: Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Postby Ky hills » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Sam the Border Collie, favorite things:

Having his belly rubbed, sometimes I can't hardly walk for him getting in front of me and laying down and rolling over, when I stop he raises up and looks as if to say keep on.

Truck/tractor rides, whenever the door opens he jumps in. In the summer he jumps right back out, if the air conditioner hasn't cooled it off yet. In the truck he stands with his nose almost against the air vent.

Peeing, I often wonder how he can possibly have that much to let out. Everything is a good place for him to pee on, even the barn cats.
0 x

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5577
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers

Re: Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Postby M-5 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:24 pm

TexasBred wrote:My weenie dog loves the belly rubs, chewing on any toy that has stuffing in it so she can eventually make a hole and pull out all the stuffing and lastly giving the cat pure he//.



I wish weenie dogs came in full size packages. They are by far the best personality of a dog ever created. I posted several months ago about our outside weenie dog dying. I don't remember if I told of my wifes miniature Datsun . About a month ago She calls me frantic cause max is missing and she has looked everywhere he is nowhere to be found I get home look for him and nothing. the next day she post on facebook and she has folks everywhere looking for the little turd. this was on Thursday. Nothing is being found and she is just miserable cause he is missing. I admit it was lonely without the little SOB around. Friday evening after I get home He is still nowhere to be found. Just before bed I tell her that it looks like hes gone and we will have to just move on. we go to bed and about 1030 or 11pm I hear a knock on the back door. I get up and answer it and it a young man from about 3 miles thru the woods and 5 or 6 miles around the road saying he thinks he has our dog. I go out and sure enough the little be nice is the seat wagging his tail. he said the dog was there fri morning and thought it was one of his other neighbors and stayed around his house all day . that night he got on facebook and seen a post about it and didn't want to wait till morning to bring him home. He was so happy to be home I don't think he slept a wink that night. we still don't know what happened if he wandered off or someone picked him up but she keeps a watchful eye out for him now. and he wants his belly rubbed and grunts while you do it.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28061
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Postby TexasBred » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:34 pm

M-5 wrote:
I wish weenie dogs came in full size packages. They are by far the best personality of a dog ever created. I posted several months ago about our outside weenie dog dying. I don't remember if I told of my wifes miniature Datsun . About a month ago She calls me frantic cause max is missing and she has looked everywhere he is nowhere to be found I get home look for him and nothing. the next day she post on facebook and she has folks everywhere looking for the little turd. this was on Thursday. Nothing is being found and she is just miserable cause he is missing. I admit it was lonely without the little SOB around. Friday evening after I get home He is still nowhere to be found. Just before bed I tell her that it looks like hes gone and we will have to just move on. we go to bed and about 1030 or 11pm I hear a knock on the back door. I get up and answer it and it a young man from about 3 miles thru the woods and 5 or 6 miles around the road saying he thinks he has our dog. I go out and sure enough the little be nice is the seat wagging his tail. he said the dog was there fri morning and thought it was one of his other neighbors and stayed around his house all day . that night he got on facebook and seen a post about it and didn't want to wait till morning to bring him home. He was so happy to be home I don't think he slept a wink that night. we still don't know what happened if he wandered off or someone picked him up but she keeps a watchful eye out for him now. and he wants his belly rubbed and grunts while you do it.

Glad to hear about the good outcome. Hard not to fall in love with the little devils. Mine is really pretty worthless except for just loving on. She does a pretty good job of being adn "alarm dog". If someone drives up she barks like she's a bad dude. I've had one most of my adult life. I always got a kick out of watching her and the great pyrenees "fighting" their vicious fights. It was hillarious. 12 lbs vs 100 lbs. Doxie always won. :lol: :lol:
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 21089
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:05 pm

Bigfoot wrote:1. 4 wheeler rides
2. Any kind of gunfire
3. Treeing squirrels


Mine will sit on the mule all day if you get a gun thinks we are going squirrel hunting.
Other than squirrels she is with me 24/7 thinking she needs to help.
Jack Russell's are very entertaining and loyal big dogs in a little package.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

User avatar
dun
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 46739
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:34 am
Location: MO Ozarks

Re: Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Postby dun » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:32 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:1. 4 wheeler rides
2. Any kind of gunfire
3. Treeing squirrels


Mine will sit on the mule all day if you get a gun thinks we are going squirrel hunting.
Other than squirrels she is with me 24/7 thinking she needs to help.
Jack Russell's are very entertaining and loyal big dogs in a little package.

Tickles me the way your atitude about that little dog has changed from the beginning to now
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Luca Brasi
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Postby Luca Brasi » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:05 am

M-5 wrote:
TexasBred wrote:My weenie dog loves the belly rubs, chewing on any toy that has stuffing in it so she can eventually make a hole and pull out all the stuffing and lastly giving the cat pure he//.



I wish weenie dogs came in full size packages.


Um, they do, and always have.
0 x

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 21089
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:48 am

dun wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:1. 4 wheeler rides
2. Any kind of gunfire
3. Treeing squirrels


Mine will sit on the mule all day if you get a gun thinks we are going squirrel hunting.
Other than squirrels she is with me 24/7 thinking she needs to help.
Jack Russell's are very entertaining and loyal big dogs in a little package.

Tickles me the way your atitude about that little dog has changed from the beginning to now


That little girl had some rough puppy year she wasn't worth killing most of the time. Wife actually stopped me from shooting her one day. When she got about year and half she lined out.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5577
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers

Re: Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Postby M-5 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:26 am

Luca Brasi wrote:
M-5 wrote:
TexasBred wrote:My weenie dog loves the belly rubs, chewing on any toy that has stuffing in it so she can eventually make a hole and pull out all the stuffing and lastly giving the cat pure he//.



I wish weenie dogs came in full size packages.


Um, they do, and always have.


Im referring to full size as being Knee high and 60# minimum. If you could get that personality in a dog with a size of a lab you would have something special.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
FlyingLSimmentals
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Postby FlyingLSimmentals » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:52 am

Dave has found something else he loves, the wild turkey. If he isn't careful he might loose a favorite activity. I let him ride in the truck cab with me a lot but with him going nutty whenever we see a deer and now turkeys that activity might come to an end. This morning we went on a ride across the farm through the previous soybean field. As we drove through some tall yellow weeds two Toms or Jakes jumped up and took off right in front of the truck, literally thought Dave was going to go through the front window. He's my buddy but he may now be demoted to the bed with a tie down all the time.
0 x

DeanPeacock
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:14 am

Re: Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Postby DeanPeacock » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:41 am

My cat is able to sleep standing it is soo cute
0 x

User avatar
millstreaminn
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:54 am
Location: Northern Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Postby millstreaminn » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:22 am

Flo - Weenie Dog
1. Chasing squirrels or imaginary squirrels in the back yard
2. Sitting on the back of the couch and barking at car/4 wheelers
3. Killing any animal smaller than her

Helen - Weenie Dog
1. Sleeping under blankets
2. Tearing the stuffing out of squeeky toys
3. Drinking water off the walk in shower floor or toilet water
0 x
It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3660
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Top 3 Favorite Things your Dog or Pet Love

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:20 pm

Oscar - orange cat
1. Shedding hair - world class if there were such a category
2. Hunting - I've bragged online here before about seeing him catch, kill and eat a full grown grey RAT
3. a 3 way tie between Sleeping - drinking from toilet - and nosing around anywhere he shouldn't
0 x


Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest