Blue Buffalo

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Blue Buffalo

Postby TexasBred » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:35 am

A.J. wrote:My wife works at a vet and they have had several dogs come in with kidney and stomach issues after eating "natural" foods like blue buffalo and call of the wild. Not sure why it's caused those issues and I'm sure it works fine for some folks, but that's what she's seen.

Never had the problem. What do you mean by "natural foods"?? Most vets recommend "Science Diet" which is also a corn based food but vets have worked a deal with the company and they make a killing off it.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

A.J.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby A.J. » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:54 am

Some foods advertise as natural, holistic, and grain free. There's nothing wrong with that necessarily. Different things work for different folks. The issues they have seen may be from people switching overnight instead of gradually transitioning from one type of dog food that may be more corn based to those which is a different composition.
0 x

frieghttrain
Rancher
Rancher

Postby frieghttrain » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:21 pm

slick4591 wrote:
M-5 wrote:I feed the retriever brand from tractor supply , But I do give my dogs a cHoice .. Eat what I put in the bowl or go hungry .

Wish I had that luxury. With an indoor bulldog I'm forced to feed something that won't give her flatulence cause you can't stay in the house with one that does.

:lol2:
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:18 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Boot Jack Bulls wrote:Is it just me, or do dogs make it a point to eat dead stuff and livestock feed/grain, even though you feed them quality DOG food???? :yuck:

You mean like a "shyt eat'n dog"?? Had a few of those.

Son had a bulldog. We were amazed at how house broke he was. Till we left him in the garage with a big pile of food and a tub a water while we were gone for three days. Came home braces for the mess. Garage was clean as a whistle.
I realized we got us a shyt eater. And a sneaky one at that.
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”