What do you feed your dogs

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
User avatar
TCRanch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2139
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 am
Location: Winfield, KS

Re: What do you feed your dogs

Postby TCRanch » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:17 am

TexasBred wrote:
Waterway65 wrote:How about plain ole venison? lol

Expensive dog food unless someone gave it to you.

You can check to see if your dog food is here and how it is rated.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/


You got that right! My husband shot a really nice buck but it was old, ended up being mostly ground and it STINKS. I refuse to eat it but the dogs love it :)
0 x

ClinchValley
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:28 am
Location: East Tennessee

Re: What do you feed your dogs

Postby ClinchValley » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:58 am

TSC 4 Health. Less than $1.00/lb. So i'm good with that. It takes care of them nutritionally. No more stinky poos and no more skin issues.

I have two mix breeds and on pure BC.
0 x
I am forever in the pursuit of more knowledge and wisdom. For I will always be "green."

User avatar
Chuckie
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4141
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: What do you feed your dogs

Postby Chuckie » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:57 am

I feed my dogs TSC 4 Health as well. Diamond makes this brand for the company. Diamond is also one of the highest ranked dog foods mostly for those with allergies.
0 x
There are three kinds of service:
Good - Cheap - Fast
Good service Cheap won't be Fast
Good service Fast that won't be Cheap
Fast service Cheap won't be Good

MoCrackerCowboy
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Re: What do you feed your dogs

Postby MoCrackerCowboy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:07 pm

Feed them fresh gator with a little dry kibble thrown in
Keeps them in pretty good condition
A avg size gator will last 6 dogs a week to a couple weeks if you chunk it up and give them a chunk each day
0 x
I love high heels .......

User avatar
HDRider
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4126
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am
Location: NE Arkansas

Re: What do you feed your dogs

Postby HDRider » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:23 pm

MoCrackerCowboy wrote:Feed them fresh gator with a little dry kibble thrown in
Keeps them in pretty good condition
A avg size gator will last 6 dogs a week to a couple weeks if you chunk it up and give them a chunk each day

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

MoCrackerCowboy
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Re: What do you feed your dogs

Postby MoCrackerCowboy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:19 pm

HDrider why you laughing at me??
be nice down here in the swamps we got plenty a gator and the only meat fit for humans is the tail so we have lots of leftover
0 x
I love high heels .......

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5577
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers

Re: What do you feed your dogs

Postby M-5 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:34 pm

MoCrackerCowboy wrote:HDrider why you laughing at me??
be nice down here in the swamps we got plenty a gator and the only meat fit for humans is the tail so we have lots of leftover

Must be a dam Yankee then cause natives eat everything else on the gator and convince the yahoos the tail is the best. Lol your eating the toughest part.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

MoCrackerCowboy
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Re: What do you feed your dogs

Postby MoCrackerCowboy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:55 am

What the he77 would a Florida hillbilly know about these southern gators
Go back to your mountain top and stay outta the swamps
0 x
I love high heels .......

User avatar
HDRider
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4126
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am
Location: NE Arkansas

Re: What do you feed your dogs

Postby HDRider » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:18 am

MoCrackerCowboy wrote:HDrider why you laughing at me??
be nice down here in the swamps we got plenty a gator and the only meat fit for humans is the tail so we have lots of leftover

I just figured you gave them peeled crawfish tails. I know how much you love your dogs.
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5577
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers

Re: What do you feed your dogs

Postby M-5 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:06 am

MoCrackerCowboy wrote:What the he77 would a Florida hillbilly know about these southern gators
Go back to your mountain top and stay outta the swamps


sounds like a guy a know that's all hat and no cattle, moved down south sold his boots and jeans and truck , bought flip flops shorts and jeep and goes 4 wheeling at the mall , shows people how much the jeep will flex on the parking spot concrete stops.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4107
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: What do you feed your dogs

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:48 am

M-5 wrote:
MoCrackerCowboy wrote:What the he77 would a Florida hillbilly know about these southern gators
Go back to your mountain top and stay outta the swamps


sounds like a guy a know that's all hat and no cattle, moved down south sold his boots and jeans and truck , bought flip flops shorts and jeep and goes 4 wheeling at the mall , shows people how much the jeep will flex on the parking spot concrete stops.


At least he doesn't have to wash it. That way he can spend more time at the pool drinking rum.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
HDRider
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4126
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am
Location: NE Arkansas

Re: What do you feed your dogs

Postby HDRider » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:31 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
M-5 wrote:
MoCrackerCowboy wrote:What the he77 would a Florida hillbilly know about these southern gators
Go back to your mountain top and stay outta the swamps


sounds like a guy a know that's all hat and no cattle, moved down south sold his boots and jeans and truck , bought flip flops shorts and jeep and goes 4 wheeling at the mall , shows people how much the jeep will flex on the parking spot concrete stops.


At least he doesn't have to wash it. That way he can spend more time at the pool drinking rum.

and wearing high heels.
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

User avatar
wacocowboy
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3023
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: What do you feed your dogs

Postby wacocowboy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:09 am

My Pyrenees/Blue Heeler cross eats the retriever brand from TSC mixed with a moist pack. My wife's Boston Terrier eats 4health with a lil bit of moist pack. The BT has a sensitive stomach and skin and has been on pro plan and science diet and she does best on 4health.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

User avatar
HDRider
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4126
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am
Location: NE Arkansas

Re: What do you feed your dogs

Postby HDRider » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:34 pm

I'd like to see a pic of that GP/BH cross. That is a new one for me.


I thought some of you might like this info - 200 Foods Dogs Can and Can’t Eat - Onions one the one thing that shocked me at how bad it is.
http://doginfomaniac.com/200-foods-dogs ... -cant-eat/
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28030
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: What do you feed your dogs

Postby TexasBred » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:59 pm

wacocowboy wrote:My Pyrenees/Blue Heeler cross eats the retriever brand from TSC mixed with a moist pack. My wife's Boston Terrier eats 4health with a lil bit of moist pack. The BT has a sensitive stomach and skin and has been on pro plan and science diet and she does best on 4health.

YOu mean all that corn in that science diet is good for a sensitive stomach?? ;-)
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia


Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests