Killed by her pit bulls................

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
jltrent
GURU
GURU

Killed by her pit bulls................

Postby jltrent » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Last edited by jltrent on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Killed by her pit bulls................

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:30 pm

I have never heard of a pit bull weighing 125 lbs.

Where did the article mention that they were trained to fight? I may have missed that part.

Sad story nonetheless.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:33 pm

I read that and I wonder if any of those dogs bloodlines trace back to any of the dogs Michael Vick owned for fighting?
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:38 pm

There was a time when game bred dogs typically didn't have a mean bone in them.
They where no different than coon dog killing a coon. And it was a rural thing.
They went bad when the inner city hoodlums got hold off them.
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Bullitt
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bullitt » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:39 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:I have never heard of a pit bull weighing 125 lbs.

Where did the article mention that they were trained to fight? I may have missed that part.

Sad story nonetheless.

"Agnew said the dogs belonged to Stephens and suspected that they had been bred to fight, according to the report."

He suspects they were bred to fight.

But we see reports like this of pit bulls killing people even when they were not bred to fight and had never bit anyone before. But pit bulls were bred for centuries for fighting bulls and fighting other dogs. It is in their nature to be aggressive. It's funny that you never hear about people being mauled by say Labrador Retrievers or German Shorthair Pointers or something. That is because those breeds were not bred to be aggressive.

My grandfather had a pit bull puppy one time. It started getting bigger and one day my grandfather looked out to see the pit bull with its mouth clamped on the throat of the neighbor's dog. My grandfather had to beat the pit bull to get it to release the dog. No one ever taught that puppy how to grab a dog by the throat. It was bred into the dog. My grandfather got rid of the pit bull.

I would never own a pit pull.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:56 pm

A pit bull saved my wife's life. I've never owned a aggressive pit bull yet, but I've sure seen some that needed killing. I had to put down three Catahoula leopard hounds from different lines because they were vicious. DON'T BLAME THE DOG
In Florida the new breed to have is Blue Heeler crossed with a Pit Bull.
2 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:04 pm

Choosing a breed that increases home insurance premiums is just a flat out bad decision.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Bullitt wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:I have never heard of a pit bull weighing 125 lbs.

Sad story nonetheless.

"Agnew said the dogs belonged to Stephens and suspected that they had been bred to fight, according to the report."

He suspects they were bred to fight.

But we see reports like this of pit bulls killing people even when they were not bred to fight and had never bit anyone before. But pit bulls were bred for centuries for fighting bulls and fighting other dogs. It is in their nature to be aggressive. It's funny that you never hear about people being mauled by say Labrador Retrievers or German Shorthair Pointers or something. That is because those breeds were not bred to be aggressive.

My grandfather had a pit bull puppy one time. It started getting bigger and one day my grandfather looked out to see the pit bull with its mouth clamped on the throat of the neighbor's dog. My grandfather had to beat the pit bull to get it to release the dog. No one ever taught that puppy how to grab a dog by the throat. It was bred into the dog. My grandfather got rid of the pit bull.

You think pit bulls are the only breed of dog that would go for the throat in a dog fight? Seriously?
0 x

Bullitt
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bullitt » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:42 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

You think pit bulls are the only breed of dog that would go for the throat in a dog fight? Seriously?[/quote]

Can you point out where I said pit bulls are the only dog breed to go for the throat?
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Bullitt wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

You think pit bulls are the only breed of dog that would go for the throat in a dog fight? Seriously?

Can you point out where I said pit bulls are the only dog breed to go for the throat?[/quote]

You calling your Paw Paw a liar? He said it was bred into the dog.
0 x

Bullitt
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bullitt » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:08 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bullitt wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

Can you point out where I said pit bulls are the only dog breed to go for the throat?

You calling your Paw Paw a liar? He said it was bred into the dog.[/quote]

I said aggressiveness was bred into pit bulls, which is a fact.

I did not mention any other dog breeds going for or not going for a throat in a dog fight. So you cannot point out where I said pit bulls are the only dog breed to go for the throat in a dog fight.

Do not put words in other people's mouths.
0 x

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:06 pm

Our pit bull is very nice! But extremely excitable she does not do well at all with kids yelling or wrestling! So I can see how two pit bulls could get each other whipped up in to a crazy frenzy that would not be safe for anyone to be around
2 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:31 pm

We've had 2 different cases, a few miles apart, where 2 women were killed by pits....the past couple weeks..
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:35 pm

Bullitt wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bullitt wrote:

You calling your Paw Paw a liar? He said it was bred into the dog.

I said aggressiveness was bred into pit bulls, which is a fact.

I did not mention any other dog breeds going for or not going for a throat in a dog fight. So you cannot point out where I said pit bulls are the only dog breed to go for the throat in a dog fight.

Do not put words in other people's mouths.[/quote] going for the throat, is more a natural instinct for them.. They all can be aggressive.. Just give em time and the right situation...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Logar
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Logar » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:51 pm

Lots of folks claim to be the worlds smartest dog owners - but in the end most people end up being owned by their dogs.

A good dog is a Godsend.

A truly bad one is a nightmare that can usually only be solved by going to the gun cabinet.

Not many will do that.

This is a sad story - thoughts and prayers to her family.
0 x

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”