Killed by her pit bulls................

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Re: Killed by her pit bulls................

Postby BRYANT » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:27 pm

Son of Butch wrote:Choosing a breed that increases home insurance premiums is just a flat out bad decision.

We have several rentals and it didn't increase ours, they just sent us letters saying if we let people rent our houses with any of these dogs they would not cover us.
Akita; Belgian Malinois; Chow; Doberman; German Shepherd; Great Dane; Jindo; Mastiff; Pit Bull; Presa Canario; Rottweiler; Shar-pei; Staffordshire Bull Terrier; Wolf Hybrid or Wolf Dog also says it will include any dog mixed with any of these or any dog with a prior bit history. It was kind of funny our Attorney told me 2 weeks before this letter that he was a little concern with our rental applications and lease saying '' NO PIT BULLS OR VICIOUS DOGS OF ANY KIND'' thought we were setting our self up for a law suit. I call him and tell him I was fixing to add 13 more dogs to our forms and he said '' you cant do that'' so I tell him ,knowing he would not do it , that we would sue the Insurance co. After much debate with Ins. Co. and their legal team and HUD and their legal team the final on it was that you can refuse to rent to them, even if the dog is a service dog.
I never would rent to them but now we have a legal reason not to.
0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:54 pm

It is a sad day that this woman was killed by her dogs. Yes some breeds are more aggressive, some even vicious. I was raised with german shepards and various mixes with shepards. They have on 2 occasions saved me from possible serious harm through their "showing their protectiveness" . That said, had one that was a white female that was 125 lbs. Biggest baby there was, loved everyone and everything, but when she got up, with her big SMILELY face with her tail wagging a mile a minute, no one would get out of their car. I didn't mind.
All that said, my two worst dog bites were by a Boxer and a dalmation that went after me with no provocation with the owner right in the same area. I was not close to the owners of either, and they had no idea why their dog decided to go after me. I normally get along with most all dogs and come in contact with many all the time on farms etc. Just recently, on one farm, the owners wife came to the barn to try to fix a glitch in the computer, and the one dog came up to me and I let him sniff me while staying very still and quiet so they would not feel a threat and when he seemed fine, I talked to him and he wanted to be petted. They said the other one wasn't much on strangers, so I just didn't bother her. I was sitting in the chair, and next thing, she is half in my lap and wanting to be petted and loved on. Both owners just looked at her, and at me, and said, I don't believe what I am seeing, she never makes up to strangers like that.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:18 am

this happened not too far from me very sad I know one of family members.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

CSM
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby CSM » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:31 pm

A woman was killed by two pit bulls in Bell County Ky this morning. The dogs weren't hers in this case.
0 x
Militia of one.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:40 am

CSM wrote:A woman was killed by two pit bulls in Bell County Ky this morning. The dogs weren't hers in this case.
Was it in the Middlesboro or Pineville area?

Found it.....thank goodness he had a gun and shot both dogs and was able to save himself, but his wife didn't make it.

http://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/ ... -502143967

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/24/vi ... jured.html
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:10 am

You don't need to CC it'll never happen to you. In life you never know what's right around the corner.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:41 am

some neighbor near a place i own has one of these crazy pit bulls. I was fixing a downspout and it was outside going nuts. They have some loose chicken wire type fencing to keep it in.. It was jumping all over it I knew it was goign to come down pretty quick.. I yelled at that stupid dog and told it to bring it on. I had my 9mm CC pointing right at that SOB ready to take it out.

owner quickly came and brought it inside. I think they heard me telling it I was goign to shoot the f out of it.
0 x

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:59 am

I am a dog friendly person, if they are on my property and not bothering anything I wont bother them, BUT if they are Pit or show any Pit in them its SSS.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:14 am

BRYANT wrote:I am a dog friendly person, if they are on my property and not bothering anything I wont bother them, BUT if they are Pit or show any Pit in them its SSS.

That's called profiling in people, I don't discriminat.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

CSM
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby CSM » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:00 am

jltrent wrote:
CSM wrote:A woman was killed by two pit bulls in Bell County Ky this morning. The dogs weren't hers in this case.
Was it in the Middlesboro or Pineville area?

Found it.....thank goodness he had a gun and shot both dogs and was able to save himself, but his wife didn't make it.

http://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/ ... -502143967

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/24/vi ... jured.html

Yes this is the same one.
0 x
Militia of one.

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:21 am

Bullitt wrote:
My grandfather had a pit bull puppy one time. It started getting bigger and one day my grandfather looked out to see the pit bull with its mouth clamped on the throat of the neighbor's dog. My grandfather had to beat the pit bull to get it to release the dog. No one ever taught that puppy how to grab a dog by the throat. It was bred into the dog. My grandfather got rid of the pit bull.

I would never own a pit pull.

Had a Basset hound that whipped the neighbors great dane german shepard mix by grabbing a front leg and throwing her weight against it then grabbed it by the throat. It had come over and was chasing chickens so Ol Becky took care of the situation. The throat hold is just and instinctive thing with any dog.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:26 am

Only dog I ever killed for being vicious was a Beagle. Great rabbit dog but she turned on my wife one day so I took her rabbit hunting and blew her brains out.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:03 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
BRYANT wrote:I am a dog friendly person, if they are on my property and not bothering anything I wont bother them, BUT if they are Pit or show any Pit in them its SSS.

That's called profiling in people, I don't discriminat.

I do but its a concern now with all the technology and micro chips and so on to shoot any dog. a man had me look up another dog shooting ,hound, case the other day where a jury awarded a hunter 140,000.00 because the land owner shot his dog, I posted about another case on here that I followed a few months back where the landowner was found gilty and now has two (2) felonies and was fined and got jail time. the courts are setting a president and its not in favor of the land owner.
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:35 pm

they just upgraded killing someones pet here to a felony.

insane.

All i'll say it was trying to kill my ducks and I had to defend my livestock. f'em
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:39 pm

some guy just killed a cat in town.. some stray. neighbor witnessed it and called him in.

he got 5 days jail, a fine, and 80 hours community service and thats with a lawyer.

now a few weeks ago some guys in a 4x4 truck went running through my buddies 50 acre field. cover crops were just coming up and they tore through everything. He got stuck at the end away from the road so the cops had a neighbor with duals go in and get him.. it was solid mud so it just tore it to crap. he did more damage with the tractor..

so anyway now they act like its no big deal and my friend wants to press charges but the cops are pretty much saying he's SOL.

who cares about all the damage, compaction and cost of seed.. these boys were just out having fun.. dur dur dur..
0 x

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”