any one got padderdale dogs?

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
brownmule
Rancher
Rancher

any one got padderdale dogs?

Postby brownmule » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:58 pm

i kinda inherated this little mini pitbull/super dog years ago. he is a reg padderdale. i was told they use them out west alot for piarrie dogs control call them all "pourpose varment dogs"
brummy is now 21 yrs old, boy what a dog he is hard headed, i cant count the things he's drug out of holes and killed. 6 yrs ago he got hit by the icecream truck and broke his back, vet said he may come out of iy depending how much i work with him..got him on his "mighty dog pills" predazone, and in 4 day he was walking.. he never got use of one back leg, but it didnt slow him down..couple years ago he killed a big racoon, the health inspector thought my big doderman killed it LOL i dont think he belived the little 3 legged dog did LOL,, he still gums the nieghbors cats who sneak in the yard, and wants to whip the king dobie.. was wonder if any of you have a padderdale.
Rose
0 x
my treasure dont clink togeather nor glitter, they bask in the sun and bray at night

Gale Seddon
GURU
GURU

Postby Gale Seddon » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:52 pm

Okay, Rose, I believe it's picture time! I've never heard of a padderdale or even any dog living to age 21!!!
0 x

brownmule
Rancher
Rancher

Postby brownmule » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:01 pm

LOL ok ill take a picture of "little timmy" i call him that from xmas carol...yes i have a worped sence of humar LOL keep in mind all you PETA fans hes 21 , got a bum leg ,and very few teeth LOL ,and cataracts.. but he still has got the fire.. give him one of his mighty dog pills and he'll whip the bigs dog in the yard,, {good thing they dont him seriously} i ve had to pick him off ace like you would pick a tick.. Rose
0 x
my treasure dont clink togeather nor glitter, they bask in the sun and bray at night

warpaint
GURU
GURU

Postby warpaint » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:27 pm

Anybody remember the James Bond movie, "Moonraker" and the character, "Jaws" ? This is the mental pic I got reading this post.

I have never heard of this breed, but it sounds interesting.
0 x
Registered Texas Longhorns
Medicine Hat Farm

brownmule
Rancher
Rancher

Postby brownmule » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:57 pm

OMG! :lol: brummy would bionic critter getter if he had those teeth! LOL :lol:
0 x

brownmule
Rancher
Rancher

Postby brownmule » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:30 pm

[img]here%20is%20a%20pic%20of%20brummy%20when%20he%20was%20younger%20about%2018%20lbs%20of%20pure%20barbie%20termenator.%20%20he%20made%20the%20girls%20cry%20all%20the%20time%20%20LOL%20http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/brownmule/brummy.jpg[/img]
here is of pic of him now, its been rainy here today so hes took it easy in his bed
0 x

brownmule
Rancher
Rancher

Postby brownmule » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:35 pm

oh the younger brummy didnt load ill try again sorry about that
IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/brownmule/IM000692.jpg[/IMG][img]jpg[/img]
hummm would using a scaned pic be the reason this didnt load?
i have it on my frig and scaned it not a digital
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Re: any one got padderdale dogs?

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:42 pm

brownmule wrote:i kinda inherated this little mini pitbull/super dog years ago. he is a reg padderdale. i was told they use them out west alot for piarrie dogs control call them all "pourpose varment dogs"
brummy is now 21 yrs old, boy what a dog he is hard headed, i cant count the things he's drug out of holes and killed. 6 yrs ago he got hit by the icecream truck and broke his back, vet said he may come out of iy depending how much i work with him..got him on his "mighty dog pills" predazone, and in 4 day he was walking.. he never got use of one back leg, but it didnt slow him down..couple years ago he killed a big racoon, the health inspector thought my big doderman killed it LOL i dont think he belived the little 3 legged dog did LOL,, he still gums the nieghbors cats who sneak in the yard, and wants to whip the king dobie.. was wonder if any of you have a padderdale.
Rose

Your mispelling it, it's Patterdale and they are terriers.
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

dj
GURU
GURU

Postby dj » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:28 pm

Here he is brownmule.

0 x

J. T.
GURU
GURU

Postby J. T. » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:07 am

The Patterdale is also known as the Fell Terrier and they are one of the few terrier breeds that have been raised true to their original purpose: vermin dogs. Terriers are known for longevity. I once saw a Rat Terrier that was 18 years old. If I wasn't a Rat Terrier breeder, I'd strongly consider the Patterdale. I like what I've read about them. I like terrier breeds that haven't lost the hunting instinct.
0 x

brownmule
Rancher
Rancher

Postby brownmule » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:56 am

thanks caustic for the spelling , thanks JT for finding his pic .
if he wasn't as tough as he is he would of never made all these years. i got him when he was about five, had no marrner. total a renagade.. couldnt keep him in the yard, he had to hunt.. one time during deer season{it must of took him half the night} he drug a good size deer head to the gate. just couldnt squeeze it thru.LOL. would love to have another one{as a pup} one of these days. Rose
0 x

Lammie
GURU
GURU

Postby Lammie » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:32 am

I have Dauschunds. I am sure I misspelled that. I always do. Only kind of dog I have ever had except for a Doberman and a Dobie/Rott cross. (The Doberweiller!) Busted through a door once when he was glad to see me. My wiener dogs are invaluable for getting moles. They won't give up until they have one dug out. Had one that lived to be 18. Also had one that was a runt, weighed 5 pounds and was born with three legs. You wouldn't know it, though, to see her boss other dogs around. When she came to the bowl to eat, the other dogs stepped out of her way.

That's a great pic!
0 x
I never trust anyone who says that they are too old to read a children's book.

J. T.
GURU
GURU

Postby J. T. » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:55 pm

Lammie wrote:I have Dauschunds. I am sure I misspelled that. I always do. Only kind of dog I have ever had except for a Doberman and a Dobie/Rott cross. (The Doberweiller!)

Once sold a Rat Terrier pup to a man that had lost his former dog that was a Labrador Retriever/ Rat Terrier cross. Said he called it a Lab Rat.
0 x

Gale Seddon
GURU
GURU

Postby Gale Seddon » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:24 pm

God bless Brummy, Rose...he looks like a good fella. He deserves to do whatever he wants at that age! Now I've learned something, hadn't ever heard of this breed.
0 x

buckaroo_bif
GURU
GURU

Postby buckaroo_bif » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:21 pm

I never heard of a patterdale either!
0 x

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”