Barn Cats

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.

How many barn cats?

none
14%
1-3
40%
3-5
21%
5-7
4%
7+
21%

Total votes: 57

msscamp
wannabe
wannabe

Postby msscamp » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:05 pm

CowCop wrote:~

These cats also "supervise" some of our big job projects on the farm. They arrive every mornng where ever we are repairing a building, fence or working cattle and sit and watch.

Wait til they start offering advice and telling you you're doing it wrong! ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
Women and cats are going to do what they want, men and dogs would be wise to accept this.

Not-So-Plain-Country Girl
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Not-So-Plain-Country Girl » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:25 pm

I agree. Some days I think our cats see us as being their pets.
0 x
A cowgirl is actually a cowboy, but much prettier!!

mdmdogs3
Rancher
Rancher

Postby mdmdogs3 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:19 pm

let the food dish get even close to empty and you will find out where you stand!

My cats start to stress out if they can see the bottom of the bowl - but since they eat out of an automatic feeder that I only fill about every 3 weeks - it is probably a good thing!

Poor babies - not!
0 x

msscamp
wannabe
wannabe

Postby msscamp » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:18 pm

Not-So-Plain-Country Girl wrote:I agree. Some days I think our cats see us as being their pets.

I very firmly believe that people do not own cats, cats own people! ;-) :lol: I love dogs, but dogs are more oriented to pleasing their people so they generally don't succeed at the owning thing like cats can - cats don't give a flip whether they are pleasing their people or not! :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
Women and cats are going to do what they want, men and dogs would be wise to accept this.

DrumRunner728
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby DrumRunner728 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:39 am

I saw a quote on a calendar one time that said "Call a dog and he comes. Call a cat and he takes a message and gets back to you." Truer words were never spoken (or written in this case)!
0 x
Don't call her a cowgirl 'til you see her ride.

Bez>
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Bez> » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:00 am

After the winter coyote eating spree we are apparently down to about 7 cats - no one is truly sure. However there have been signs of two litters - numbers unknown.

All animals are fed as oldest daughter is certain a fed cat makes a better mouser. She might be right - it is a rare day I see a small rodent since the cats came.

Cat catching day - fish nets with hockey sticks to extend the handles, heavy leather gloves and a couple of big boxes - is soon upon us. The free rabies and distemper clinic is next week so I have been told.

Cat round-up is always interesting and you never know how many will get the free needles!

Bez>
0 x

cattleluvr18
GURU
GURU

Postby cattleluvr18 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:15 am

there must be something wrong with my cats. i've never seen one with a mouse or a rat.

my g-ma brings out old food for them or else they would never get fed.

haha yeah right, vaccinations for farm cats.(no disrespect to ya'll who do it though.)
0 x
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of being
~Kelly~
facebook.com/kellyr18

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:04 pm

I have one dog and no cats. The dog likes it that way. Any cats who come on the place are dealt with by the dog. She takes care of any required burial services too.
0 x

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”