Fleas!!!!

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
msscamp
wannabe
wannabe

Postby msscamp » Fri May 25, 2007 9:52 pm

Lammie wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:I'm with Msscamp, permethrin will do a good job. I got a jug of Pounce but it goes by many names. Problem I see you are going to have is by putting the dogs outside, the inside fleas will be more noticeable on you with the animals outside. Nevertheless, two sprayings of Pounce spread out over two weeks should eradicate the lil buggers. Good Luck.

Tell me about it. I am going to attack this issue over the long weekend. Again. I really do appreciate all the advice. Thanks!!

Not a problem! You'll know when you've got them all because the red spots around the rim of your washing machine will go away.
0 x
Women and cats are going to do what they want, men and dogs would be wise to accept this.

Lammie
GURU
GURU

Postby Lammie » Tue May 29, 2007 10:18 am

Update. I treated the dogs with biospot, as well as treating their kennel with some biospot carpet spray. Also cleaned the whole house, washed sheets, sprayed everything inside, vacuumed under and inside everything. I got through an evening without something hopping on me. This biospot spray is supposed to take care of infestation for 210 days. We treated the yard last week. Maybe, maybe...

Showed the house twice this weekend. My neighbor cut the price on his place to beat our price. We'll see.
0 x

sidney411
GURU
GURU

Postby sidney411 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:53 pm

I used biospot on my chuahua (sp) and it has not worked at all. I also sprayed the yard and house w/ the Ortho season long control stuff and she still has fleas. I picked about 30 off her the other night w/ tweesers. I think I will get some sevin dust and try that.
0 x
I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

Lammie
GURU
GURU

Postby Lammie » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:28 pm

I haven't seen fleas on the dogs, but they are still living outside. I need to get them more heartworm stuff for the mosquitoes, they have been killer cause of the rain. I think the biospot was supposed to repel them, too. Sorry about your luck.
0 x
I never trust anyone who says that they are too old to read a children's book.

jgibson
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby jgibson » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:38 am

We had fleas real bad one time. The thing that worked the best for us was the raid flea killer. At the time it came in powder and spray. You could either spray the carpet or work the powder down and vaccuum.
0 x

doublec_ranch
Beginner
Beginner

Premise Control

Postby doublec_ranch » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:35 am

Try one of these products, THEY WORK!!!

http://www.atozvetsupply.com/Premise-In ... e-s/33.htm

P.S.
The product Revolution that was spoken of earlier will dominate biospot. It is prescription.
0 x
Matt

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”