Speaking of drop off's.

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
Lammie
GURU
GURU

Postby Lammie » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:22 pm

We paid 100 dollars for one when we first married, call him Bud, and he lived in a chicken coop. We were going to get a few females, but we werent in a hurry cause he wasn't quite mature. Boy, he could get the chickens riled up when he started making noise. Since he wasn't grown, it was like a honking noise.

I came home one day and his pen door was open and he was gone and we haven't seen him again.

Maybe he got all the way up north? Looks an awful like him. See if he answers to Bud.
0 x
I never trust anyone who says that they are too old to read a children's book.

mnmtranching
GURU
GURU

Postby mnmtranching » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:46 pm

This guy is wild, I tried to get closer for a better pic. He just runs like crazy. I saw him again today, off in the pasture. When he saw me he took off. Next time I'm going to yell "BUD". If he comes running I expect the owner to come get him. ;-)
0 x
Its the cost of production and the value of your marketable product, or if you having fun. That's it, everything else is BS.

Stepper
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Stepper » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:18 pm

They sure make good locator calls to make wild turkeys gobble. I was turkey hunting one morning and i thought i was really making that gobbler gobble. But he never would come in. So the next morning i moved up on the ridge closer to where the gobbler was roosted and i could hear a peacock on a nearby farm. And every time that thing would yell the turkey would gobble. That went on for hours.
0 x

Lammie
GURU
GURU

Postby Lammie » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:48 am

mnmtranching wrote:This guy is wild, I tried to get closer for a better pic. He just runs like crazy. I saw him again today, off in the pasture. When he saw me he took off. Next time I'm going to yell "BUD". If he comes running I expect the owner to come get him. ;-)

Naw, you just keep him. He never answered to his name anyway. The couple of time I did have to move him around there were feathers and poop everywhere. On me, mostly. I am the poultry wrangler around here.
0 x
I never trust anyone who says that they are too old to read a children's book.

Dusty Britches
GURU
GURU

Postby Dusty Britches » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:24 am

cattleluvr18 wrote:hes so pretty...and thats about all they have goin for them.

They are great for killing snakes. And sounding alarm when something enters the area. My distant neighbor has some and we hear them on rare occassions.
0 x
Tracey '91
Crescent Moon Ranch

L Weir
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby L Weir » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:41 pm

Last summer we had one show up. The cows were terrified of it, so we were glad it decided to move on.
0 x

alabama
GURU
GURU

Postby alabama » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:58 pm

Are peacocks good to eat?
0 x

Keren
GURU
GURU

Postby Keren » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:00 am

alabama wrote:Are peacocks good to eat?

Yep. Just like turkey. We occassionally knock one over for christmas. Yum!
0 x
I'll go without sleep trying to save one and then mope around for days if I lose it. -- jkwilson

mnmtranching
GURU
GURU

Postby mnmtranching » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:24 pm

While I worked on fence today this thing let out one of those keeewelp!! sounds, man if haven't heard it, these birds are loud.
Maybe have to get a recipe. :cboy:
0 x
Its the cost of production and the value of your marketable product, or if you having fun. That's it, everything else is BS.

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”