Dog Fight

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
igrowgrass
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Dog Fight

Postby igrowgrass » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:32 pm

I watched two of my boerboels literally gut somebody's bird dog that was messin' with my chicken coop one night. By the time I realized what was happening it was too late. They had that dog deader than Kelsey's nuts in what seemed like less than 30 seconds. You might not call that a fight, but it is what it is. So, that is what I would say the worst dog fight I've ever seen is.

This is why I chose the dogs I did. I got tired of having dogs get chewed up by stuff they tangle with. I was forever doctorin' up mutts that would fuss with coons or groundhogs. These boerboels will smash a coon down with their front paws and literally crush its entire head with one bite.
0 x
It's all about the grass. When you take care of the grass the cattle take care of themselves. Well, its about the dogs and my rifle too LOL.

Dogs and Cows
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Dogs and Cows » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:08 am

I generally don't tolerate a fighting dog around my place...but some of the toughest dogs I have had were my Plott bear dogs. One in particular named Rad. He was the nicest dog you would ever meet...but good golly...don't try and start anything with him at all (and by this I mean other dogs). He would finish it in a heartbeat. I love a Plott dog...always have and always will. Don't have any right now...but I feel the need lol! Rad was killed 2 years ago doing what he loved...a mean bear that wouldn't climb finally got him and broke his back. He is missed and is the yardstick I use when judging other bear dogs.
0 x

HOSS
GURU
GURU

Postby HOSS » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:26 pm

Dogs and Cows wrote:I generally don't tolerate a fighting dog around my place...but some of the toughest dogs I have had were my Plott bear dogs. One in particular named Rad. He was the nicest dog you would ever meet...but good golly...don't try and start anything with him at all (and by this I mean other dogs). He would finish it in a heartbeat. I love a Plott dog...always have and always will. Don't have any right now...but I feel the need lol! Rad was killed 2 years ago doing what he loved...a mean bear that wouldn't climb finally got him and broke his back. He is missed and is the yardstick I use when judging other bear dogs.

Plotts are tough alright. A buddy had a few that he ran hogs with. We got on a big one over in East Tennessee one time. That dog wouldn't quit until I got an arrow in that hog and killed it. The dog looked like Jack the Ripper got hold of it. I don't know how many stitches it took to put him back together but it was allot. He was whining to go out again the next day. That boar weighed over 300 lbs and that Plott would jump in and grab him without hesitation. That hog got him in some thick saplings and cut him up bad. I thought he would die from his wounds but he just kept on going after that hog.
0 x

Dogs and Cows
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Dogs and Cows » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:08 am

Hoss...do you do a lot of hog hunting? I don't have hogs where I live, but man my son and I had a big time hunting in the mountains of TN a few years back with some locals. Our group killed a big old hog! That trip was the most fun running dogs I have ever had! You are right...if you wanna thin out your dog kennel...turn em in on some mean hogs.
0 x

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”