Dogs chasing cars

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
M5farm
GURU
GURU

Dogs chasing cars

Postby M5farm » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:27 pm

In another thread I saw "dogs chasing cars" and it got me thinking. I don't see alot of dogs chasing cars like I did when I was younger. I suppose it could be that cars/trucks don't make the noises that they used to make . I know when I was growing up no matter where you went the dogs chased cars. if my neighbor comes by the house on one of his older trucks my dogs will chase him for a while but he is the only one.
0 x
Move along, nothing to see here.

inyati13
GURU
GURU

Re: Dogs chasing cars

Postby inyati13 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:38 am

My Blue Heeler had a brief flirt with that habit. A shock collar did the trick. Could be the shock collar technology.
0 x
A man's home is his Castle, A man's farm is his Kingdom. Prince Inyati.
Prince of Bright Raven Farm

bigbull338
Beefmaster Breeder
Beefmaster Breeder

Postby bigbull338 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:51 am

dogs around here still chase cars some.ive got a good buddy that used to tear a dog up for chasing his truck.he would be going down the road an see the dog waiting on him.so he would hold the steering wheel with his left hand an lean accross the seat an open the passager door hitting the dog an rolling him accross the road.
0 x

OleScout
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby OleScout » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:10 am

We've got 3 big mix breed yard dogs. They don't chase traffic in the road. They don't chase my truck or car, don't chase my sons car,don't chase my Dad's truck or car. They chase my wife out the drive and down the road everytime she leaves. She gets a new car, they chase it. They won't chase her car if I'm driving but will if I'm riding and she is driving but they will stop if I tell them to.
Drives her nuts and I think it hilarious.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:14 am

Had some neighbors that lived at the end of the road whose dogs chased cars. When they started running beside me I would slowly driftcloser and closer until the ran into the ditch. Only took a couple of times and they quit chasing me, chased everyone else though.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Kscattle
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Kscattle » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:50 pm

A grumpy old man here used to loosen one lug nut and wrap a rag around stud, then tighten nut. When a dog grabbed the rag as it spun with the wheel, it would launch the dog into the ditch or snap its neck. Everyone in town always wondered why the rag was attached to his wheel all the time. We lost several dogs to that mans meanness
0 x

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:16 pm

I was in a truck the other day and guys says " give me that paddle" which he proceeds to swat when a heeler come running ! Better than running the heeler over..he wasn't so kind w the one coming in the garage stealing dog food .
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”