blue heeler

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Re: blue heeler

Postby dieselbeef » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:35 am

thats true 3way..if they charge it..but if they had trained that dog by walking it up to it and lettin em get a taste of that shock..they wont even approach it. ive had a few dogs and once they know where it is they wont charge it...
my lab will figure out it isnt working tho if its off for a cpl days and i dont get to it...
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:42 am

3waycross wrote:
dieselbeef wrote:it works great cept for when the cows chew the wires...once they get a taste of that collar they stay 10 ft inside that fence.

Actually they don't work all that great. I sold a lab bych to a guy who put one around his yard(1/2 acre) she loved to go out and greet people walking by and would hit the fence at a dead run. She would run through the shock on the way out and then wouldn't walk thru it on the way back. He would have to turn it off and drag her back in every time.

That would be my luck lol
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:47 am

cheap fence will do that..my petsafe fence will shock me ..real hard..they wont pass it
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

LazyARanch
GURU
GURU

Postby LazyARanch » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:10 pm

That's the cutest pudgy lil heeler I've seen in a LONG time!! I've had about a half-dozen or so in the past 35 years. LOVE those dogs; smart, stubborn and so much energy to work and play! I only have one left now and she's deaf as a post, blind as a bat, and dang near 20 years old.... (dreading the day)
0 x
"If you want to know where your heart is, look where your mind goes when it wanders." Henri Frederic Amie
Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the M is silent...

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:06 am

1 wire for the cows and 1 for the dog I guess!... we haven't had a dog in 18 years.. Had a blue heeler I quite likes, and if I were to get another dog some day, it would probably be a blue heeler or a Bernese... I have to keep away from Bernese pups because they are far too much like teddy bears... I don't think a person in the world has seen a Bernese pup and not gone home with it.

I'm looking for a shock collar for cows to break some bad habits... need an industrial strength one
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:07 am

that might be a money maker right there fella...i dont think it would be that tough. a serious stun gun would make em notice. mmm..how to activate it..hhmmmm

i used to have a reg electric wire like a i ran for the cows but the dogs figured it out and dug under it or knew it was shorted out. the petsafe wire is ziptyed to the barb wire and easily repaired.
i got the stubborn dog one and they will not mess with it..
0 x
einstein

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”