Yall know darn well....

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Yall know darn well....

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:13 pm

Yall know I didn't need anymore dogs. My wife and kids came home with these guys on Sunday my kids called me while I was working and said dad we sorta got a pet I said that's cool what is it they said 2 puppies I said ummm I hope your kidding and if not you need to take them back then my daughter said dad they have no home the lady is losing her house and no one wants them so here I am I bought a few more dog pens for them and will fence in the yard eventually. One is pure black lab and one is black lab mixed with Rottweiler or a german shepherd good dogs and they definitely let you know if someone is near the house. I felt bad they had no home and the lady was just gonna take them and dump them somewhere.

0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

A.J.
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Yall know darn well....

Postby A.J. » Wed May 28, 2014 11:45 pm

Welcome to my world. My wife works for a vet, and in the 5 years she's been there, we've inherited 4 dogs an 2 cats in addition to the ones we already had. :lol2: Most of the dogs are older ones that were strays and brought in by rescues cause they were about to be put down at animal control. I can't blame you. Those pups should turn out to be good ones for you. Double trouble.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed May 28, 2014 11:52 pm

I have sold some of my dogs and im down to 18 lol But this is the wife and kids dogs so I guess it doesn't count lol Yea I am glad my wifes a nurse she wont bring home any strays that way lol Thanks I hope they do what I like is they are a good alarm and go crazy whenever someone that is or isn't supposed to be there is outside lol
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu May 29, 2014 12:30 am

Well, it's better you got them rather than someone who didn't want them :P
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Don McCallum
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Don McCallum » Thu May 29, 2014 2:10 am

From the picture, they look like litter mates to me. They should make some good pets for your children. :banana: :banana: :banana:
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:17 am

Nesi i guess you have a point. Don I agree so far I haven't had to do anything for them like water or feed or anything I have only put up the dog pens and will do their shots.
0 x

bigbull338
Beefmaster Breeder
Beefmaster Breeder

Postby bigbull338 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:18 am

sky your in trouble because your kids have you wrapped around their little finger.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:43 am

bigbull338 wrote:sky your in trouble because your kids have you wrapped around their little finger.

I agree but at long as they continue to behave and do as we tell them and do good in school I will let them get whatever they want within reason as long as it doesn't involve anymore pets. Their rabbits are now my pets lol
0 x

pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Thu May 29, 2014 11:36 am

the one getting its nose rubbed looks very much like my Dee Dee who was a pound puppy we got after my wifes dog, Toby, Died

we think she is part hound and part border collie....as a puppy she looked like an australian shepherd....but she is home guarding the wife now...unless it thunders...then she hides...she hid most of the night last night....then woke me up at 1:00 to go out and pee....

We had pour down rain rain last night starting about time for me to go out and tend the stock....I waiting til the lightening passed by....was crackling and popping pretty good...

1.4 inches of rain in about 20 - 25 minutes then another .4 inches over night in my gauge this morning. Others around me had more. one neighbor said he had mini tornados and it was raining in circles at his farm....
0 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu May 29, 2014 12:21 pm

pdfangus wrote:the one getting its nose rubbed looks very much like my Dee Dee who was a pound puppy we got after my wifes dog, Toby, Died

we think she is part hound and part border collie....as a puppy she looked like an australian shepherd....but she is home guarding the wife now...unless it thunders...then she hides...she hid most of the night last night....then woke me up at 1:00 to go out and pee....

We had pour down rain rain last night starting about time for me to go out and tend the stock....I waiting til the lightening passed by....was crackling and popping pretty good...

1.4 inches of rain in about 20 - 25 minutes then another .4 inches over night in my gauge this morning. Others around me had more. one neighbor said he had mini tornados and it was raining in circles at his farm....

pdf we got a few big rain drops and that was it and misty rain is all no real rainfall. We had some seriously bad thunder like around 10-11pm last night and a ton of lightning not that much rain. I think we are due for a dry one this year.
0 x

pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Thu May 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Well they had it up in the northern Valley both yesterday and the day before....and from Fredericksburg North both days as well....
0 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:35 pm

pdfangus wrote:Well they had it up in the northern Valley both yesterday and the day before....and from Fredericksburg North both days as well....

This year is going to be a fun one.
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Thu May 29, 2014 7:14 pm

I can't imagine what your food bill is like
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:44 am

wacocowboy wrote:I can't imagine what your food bill is like

Right at $600.00 per month is what it was. now that I have thinned out some dogs and plan to continue I am not sure what it will be after thinning them out. I hope it gets down to 200-250 a month.
0 x

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:55 am

They look like two pretty smart dogs to me.
0 x

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”