Accidents Happen so quickly.

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Accidents Happen so quickly.

Postby Nesikep » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:49 pm

I thought his name would be "Black and blue" now! Good to know it's not life threatening at least.

Fellow I know ran over his St. Bernard with the back tire of a backhoe, and surprisingly as well he was OK after it, but had a ton of deep bruising.
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:28 pm

Really glad he will recover and sorry for your accident. I know that you feel really bad when something like that happens! If something happened to one of my dogs, I would be devastated to say the least.

I killed my cat with the tractor mower and have never gotten over my mistake several years later. :(
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:42 pm

[quote="M5farm"]Guilt has been working on me all day yesterday and today. He is 1/2 lab and 1/2 Aussie. His sire (Aussie) got hit by a truck 10years ago. The hip that was injured back then aggravates him and he totes that leg when he runs. My youngest said blu would be fine cause of his daddy. He goes with me everywhere around the house and in the pastures and I took him dove hunting and he was retriveing very good.

I had already decided that if they had to take his leg I was going to have him put down. When my wife called and asked what I wanted to do to get his leg fixed she was afraid I was going to tell them to put him down and not spend 600.00 bucks on him. Guilt won that round.[/quote
You can get another 600. They print it every day.
Glad he's going to make it.
0 x

hillsdown
GURU
GURU

Postby hillsdown » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Keeping Blu in my thoughts , and praying for a speedy recovery !
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Glad he is going to be ok. I know how you feel I ran over one of my golden retrievers a few weeks ago lucky she was ok just limps on the hind leg a lil.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Sorry that happened and I'm glad you are having him patched up.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

M5farm
GURU
GURU

Postby M5farm » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:11 pm

Lucky blu is home. He has a steel pin in his leg. The ladies at the office fell in love with him.
Maybe he will forgive me.
0 x
Move along, nothing to see here.

Hook
GURU
GURU

Postby Hook » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:25 pm

Big ol meanie. Glad he's going to be ok
0 x

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:43 pm

M5farm wrote:Lucky blu is home. He has a steel pin in his leg. The ladies at the office fell in love with him.
Maybe he will forgive me.

That's great news! Lucky blue is truly lucky and happy for the "guilt" factor. :lol: Sounds like all will fine.

Alan
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

Deepsouth
GURU
GURU
Location: where the Mason-Dixon line is considered the far north

Postby Deepsouth » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Alright, now that we know blu is going to be ok we need to talk about what really happened and your guilt complex.

Alan has admitted to having weak moments during games when the quacks are playing bad and kicking the dog. This "accident" happened Sunday about the same time that the polls come out with Mississippi State knocking FSU out of the number one spot. This is some coincidence. :roll:

Do you need to get something off your chest? :cry:
0 x
I don't plant taters and I don't plant cotton but I keep rolling along.

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:37 pm

Deepsouth wrote: Alan has admitted to having weak moments during games when the quacks are playing bad and kicking the dog. This "accident" happened Sunday about the same time that the polls come out with Mississippi State knocking FSU out of the number one spot. This is some coincidence. :roll:
Do you need to get something off your chest? :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: if you guys only knew how much money the Ducks have cost me in vet bills!! :shock: :lol: :lol:
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

M5farm
GURU
GURU

Postby M5farm » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Nothing to get off my chest. I was putting up web wire by myself. And did not look behind me when I backed up. MS deserves #1 at this point the way they have been playing.
0 x

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:53 pm

M5, he is beautiful! I am so glad that he is going to be OK. I am with 3Way on the vet. It angers me when that happens when it is an emergency.
But that is behind you and now he will get better. I understand the guilt we feel when we injure our animals. I know you didn't mean to do it, and so does Lucky Blu. So does the man upstairs
I am so proud that he is still a member of your family. :nod:
No need to beat yourself up. It will soon pass and Lucky will be just fine! :D
0 x

Named'em Tamed'em
GURU
GURU

Postby Named'em Tamed'em » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:36 pm

I'm glad it sounds like he's going to be ok. my healer pup broke her leg at 4 months old, screws ,pins ,rods the whole bit. She recovered fine nine casts in 9 weeks

She did become addicted to her pain pills ,when she heard the bottle rattle she would come running and they didn't slow her down ,just got her spun up.
0 x
Get over it! It could have been alot worse.

M5farm
GURU
GURU

Postby M5farm » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:47 am

Update on lucky blu , He still has the pin in his leg and has a few more weeks before he has it removed
He is getting to where he is not in as much pain and is starting to put it weight some weight on it. I have a feeling he will always tote it when he runs but he has adapted well. he still doesn't understand why he is in prison. we keep him on the back porch so he doesn't re injure it while its healing. this pic is from a few weeks ago.

0 x

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”