Can This Be the Same Dog?

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Can This Be the Same Dog?

Postby Chuckie » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:59 pm

Here is the picture of Abbey when she was a few weeks old, and here she is today, hunting as it is her life. I just love this little picture of her. She was so white and angelic looking, posing like she is all sugar and spice. It looks like she needs a key to wind her up. Now she has a mission to rid the world of rats, snakes and moles.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Can This Be the Same Dog?

Postby Nesikep » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:08 pm

Little buggers on a mission!.. it's unfortunate my dad doesn't like Jack Russel's... she'd never run out of work here!
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:10 pm

Doesn't look like she misses many meals...:). What breed is she?
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:25 pm

Puppies are so precious! Oh how they grow up though! :lol:
That is a cute picture chuckie.
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:49 pm

Thank you Branguscowgirl. She would love you!

She is a Jack Russell, and she has been fixed. Her little playmate was killed this last Spring, as they played a lot and she has gained a bit of weight since she doesn't play as hard.
She was depressed for a long time afterwards. Her weight will drop when her little playmate gets here in a couple of weeks and he gets a little bit of age on him. Her and Rudy stayed out in the pasture digging all the time as the moles are everywhere. When I call them in they have mud packed on their noses. :lol2:
Here is a picture of Abbey's Dad. He packs a lot of muscle and Abbey took after him. They have large rear ends as it is all muscle. It makes them strong for hunting and helps them to pull varmints out of holes. The lady I buy puppies from lives in Nashville TN. She has a few females too and has puppies from time to time. She takes really good care of her dogs as she loves them, and will send puppies by plane. They make great dogs, and family members. :nod:
0 x

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:58 pm

This is Chewy, and I will drive down and pick him up at the end of the month. This will be her new hunting companion.

0 x

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:19 pm

OMGosh! How frickin cute! Congrats on the new puppy. I love those kind of dogs. Little, stout, with a big attitude. My Boston is like that also. This is him chewing on a "Bully stick." (Bull penis)
[url]Image[/url][/url]
0 x

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:24 pm

chuckie, I think Boston terriers are a cross between Jack Russel's and Bull dogs. (The call them "Terrors" for a reason!) :lol:
Soooo much personality!
0 x

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:35 pm

That is the prettiest Boston Terrier I have seen. He has such beautiful eyes. Both of his back feet look like you dipped the tips. He is marked so pretty. What is his name?
0 x

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:15 pm

His name is Tater Bug. The breeder had given them all "Bug" names. June Bug, Lightening Bug ect.. Tater fit him, so it stuck. He came from "show stock", but you would never know it by the way he beats up the labs, eats cat poop, and challenges the bulls! He is not true to his refined heritage! He's a farm dog through and through. A disgrace to his family! Lol
He now has the black freckles under the white like your Abby does. Seems to get more all the time.
He's my little buddy and travels everywhere with me. :heart:

Thanks for sharing your pics chuckie. I enjoy the dog stories every bit as much as the cow stories. :D
Speaking of "his eyes", look at this one. Not sure if this is his "come hither" or demon look. :lol:
[url]Image[/url][/url]
0 x

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:05 am

I think he is pretending to be a cat. He probably has been practicing that for hours in a mirror. Tell him to stop it before his eyes grow that way. :lol2:
He definitely has something planned. That is so cute. They are just like kids.
0 x

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:20 am

Abbey goes everywhere with me too. I try to sneak out of the house without Buster knowing it, but he always catches us. I will go touch Abbey and not say anything, but motion with my fingers for her to come here. She knows we are going to the car. She has a car seat she sits in and looks around. She never goes to sleep as she knows where all the cows and horse pastures are along the way. Her head turns with the animals as we pass them.

She saw a black cat playing in a leaf pile and I had to tell her, "Abbey, no cats." She likes to chase them but the ones here at the house have learned that if they don't run, then it's no fun to just stand over them.

The other day I was in town and a squirrel was crossing the road taking one step at a time. I stopped so he could cross, and Abbey went nuts. The squirrel almost had a heart attack as he exploded as he got to the grass by the side walk. She spends a lot of time staring up in the trees. I think she and Tater would have a good time.
0 x

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:09 am

Abby sounds like a character chuckie! She sure will enjoy that new puppy. Please be sure to post some pics of them together. :D
0 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:58 pm

What chance is Chewie going to have with a teacher like Abbey Chuckie?
Ken
0 x

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:50 pm

I love the freckles on the dogs. One person asked me if Abbey had Dalmatian in her. They were serious! I didn't laugh when they said it, but I get tickled about it now. :lol2:
0 x

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”