Can This Be the Same Dog?

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Re: Can This Be the Same Dog?

Postby Chuckie » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:54 pm

Ken :lol2:
It's going to be tough. As soon as Buster starts digging, Abbey runs to his hole to make sure she gets the rat or mole before he does. She is really aggressive when digging. Buster needs to make her get back when he is digging, but he doesn't. She piles in on top of his hole and pushes him out of the way.
I will just have to see how it goes and if she gets aggressive on Chewy's hole when he is little, I might have to make her stay in the house a little bit.
I wish I could come to your neck of the woods and let them go hunting with Bo. She is the boss!

Deborah met me in Nashville with Abbey so I wouldn't have to drive all the way out. When I had Abbey on a leash to go to the bathroom, she never got upset that she was on a leash, but I never pulled on it either. She was following me everywhere just as happy as she could be. Then when I got her home, Rudy really made over her. I took them out digging the next day and he would let her dig in his hole, and he would push the dirt with both front feet while she was digging like when he shoved me when he wanted something. He just seemed to be so excited that she was there.

I am going to drive all the way to her house this time as I want to see all of her dogs and be able to visit with her longer.

I am anxious to see how Abbey will like him. Abbey has truly missed being with Rudy, and she misses playing with him as Buster does not make loops to the bedroom; under the bed, then around the couch with a rope. I can tell that she is trying to get him to do it, but he won't. If Rudy had something in his mouth, so did Abbey. They carried sticks all over the yard like that, as if they were a team of mules. Each one had hold of one end of the stick. Abbey looks a lot heavier than Rudy, but she was shorter and there was 4 lbs difference. She just packs a lot of muscle.

Kingfisher,
Here is Abbey when she has someone to play with as it trims her waist. This is Rudy, my dear little male dog that I lost this spring. It still kills me to look at his pictures mostly when I can see his eyes. But the Hebrew Bible states each time when God made animals, it says they are a "living breathing soul," just as he describes it with humans. (He expects more from mankind because he made us in his image) Even I expect more from my husband than I do Buster!!! :lol2: So I know that Rudy is in heaven and I will see him again.
Both of these pictures were taken the same day.
Deborah's dogs are very muscular, and heavy, and not much is going to get away from them. Abbey is only 13" tall, and Rudy was about 15." They are so strong, and they weigh a lot more than what you expect them to. Abbey is about 25 lbs. Rudy stayed around 22-25 lbs depending the time of the year, and how much digging they did.

Also, Abbey eats what she kills, except for the moles. She could live on her own if she decided to run away from home, but I don't have to worry about that. She goes around the windows and eats the dead bugs after the night. She eats mice, rats, acorns, muscadines, figs, apples, etc.... There is no putting her on a diet as there is food everywhere she looks. She will slim down when Chewy can run.

It may sound like I am bragging on my dogs, but I don't mean it that way. I love my dogs so much, and they are such a big part of my life, that I can't help but talk about them with a lot of love. As I truly love dogs. I love my cows too, but not like these little ones.

0 x

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:13 pm

I have to share this picture of one of Deborah's dogs she sent me. Look at little "Gracie" loving on her 1st litter and she only had one. She is really doting over her. I love this picture!!

0 x

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:42 pm

Chuckie I am so sorry about your loss of Rudy! :(
We truly do have something in common when it comes to our dogs. I feel exactly as you do about mine. I don't know how I would ever live without their companionship and love. Not to mention all the joyful entertainment. I could not even bear the thought that we would not see them again after they have passed. Our dogs are every bit as important as our human loves.
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:13 pm

Yes I truly believe (know) that we will see them again. As I am reading a translated Hebrew Bible, it mentions animals over and over in Genesis, and repeats it much more than the King James Version. Each time it mentions them with the same passages. Here is one verse pertaining to cattle.
...And God said, Let the earth bring forth the soul of life according to it's kind; cattle, and creepers, and it's beast of the earth, according to it's kind.
And another:
And God said, Let the waters swarm with the swarmers having a soul of life, and let the birds fly over the earth, on the face of the expanse of the heavens.
And God created the great sea animals, and all that creeps, having a living soul, which swarmed the waters according to it's kind; and every bird with wing according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful and multiply.

When Adam named the animals it says, And all which man might call it, each living soul, that was it's name. And the man called the names to all of the cattle, and to the birds of the heavens, and to every animal of the field.

I have started reading in Genesis, and am reading the entire books. The King James Version doesn't mention about the animals being living souls. And there is a lot more written as I have skipped around, but I decided I better read it from the beginning. It is so easy to understand, and it tells a great story of the beginning. God loves his animals and is easy to see how he writes about it as it is different in the original book.

If you think about it, he made animals before he did man. Then he decided that he wanted company like himself. But he wanted the animals first. He is an animal lover. :nod:

He made animals in the beginning in the Garden of Eden as he did Adam and Eve. Then after Adam and Eve sinned, then the entire creation suffered, and all would not live on earth forever. But there is a wonderful greatness to that. We never truly die, as we continue to live on in heaven and then we will be returned to the new earth later. That includes the cattle that gives their life to feed us. He takes them up as well when they die for us. Cattle are one of the more important animals mentioned in the Bible. The fields and pastures are endless in heaven. My father has many cattle on a thousand hills he says.

Knowing this, when I see something leave this earth, it makes it much easier to know that we will see them later as they are going to a place where there is no unhappiness or no pain. Only joy and love. The sad part is we will miss them but we will see them again. They just beat us to the greatest vacation spot there is.
0 x

kucala5
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby kucala5 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:32 am

This is one of our Jacks, Reagan as a pup and the next pic is Reagan with the litter she raised last year. It's wonderful to read the heartfelt love on this post. We feel the same way.
0 x
Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
Abraham Lincoln

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:22 pm

kucala5,
She looks like a true Jack Russell. She looks so tough that she would take anything on.
She is a beauty and has beautiful eyes. Have you got a picture of her as she has got older where you can see the color of her eyes well? If you do, post it if it isn't too much trouble. The reason I ask, is some Jack Russells have the most beautiful eyes. When they are little, their eyes are darker, but as they get older, their eyes get lighter.
I can tell that her eyes got lighter, and they have a lot of expression.
I love the way her ears stand up just a bit. Rudy's did the same and it made him more animated as his little ears would bounce like pigtails when he would shove me with his front feet.
She was a real cutie as a baby. She looks like a little stuffed toy dog. Such a bright face!

She has beautiful puppies. I really do love her face!!! :nod:
0 x

kucala5
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby kucala5 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:41 pm

Just took this of Reagan. BTW, Chewy was Reagan's nickname as she chewed like a son of a gun as a pup...enjoy your new addition! Jacks are the best.
0 x
Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
Abraham Lincoln

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Kucala5, Reagan is beautiful. I love her eyes and she must be so much company to you. I can tell by looking at her that she is smart. The picture of her as a puppy, with the light in her eyes, she looks so full of her self.

I hope that Chewy will have beautiful eyes like hers when he grows up.
We had a Dachshund named "Charlie" when I was a kid. There was an old two two story county store about 2 miles from the house. The man that owned the store, his first name was Charlie, and he was always so excited about the dog and him having the same name. He would give Charlie a Tootsie Roll when we took him with us. Charlie would chew forever on that Tootsie Roll as it stuck to his teeth. We called him "Chewy" for the same reason.

That is funny that we both had the same nick name for almost the same reason. :lol2:
Since Charlie didn't really answer to Chewy, I am OK naming him that.

Here is a picture of my little Rudy. He truly loved me. I would give him the good chair to sit in and I would sit on the wood chair. I loved his eyes as he showed much love through them.
0 x

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Kucala5, it looks like we used the same brick.
0 x

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Kucala, Reagan and her puppies are adorable! I love how both of you treasure every moment with your fur babies, as I do! :heart:
They are such a huge part of our lives...... :D I just love them all!
0 x

hillsdown
GURU
GURU

Postby hillsdown » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Beautiful dogs , all of them ! :D

I really like JRT's but I know darn well I am not smart enough nor patient enough to have one . I will stick with BC's I can at least outsmart them once and a while . ;-)
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:44 pm

You girls are just sooo soppy!!! ;-) :lol:
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:03 pm

alisonb wrote:You girls are just sooo soppy!!! ;-) :lol:

Yep, and proud of it! :lol: I am the first to admit that I love my animals more than a lot of people. I definitely spend more time with them! :cowboy:
0 x

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:28 pm

Alison, I know you love your cat. That was a very pretty cat you took a picture of. And I bet it is the same cat in your avatar. So, fess up! You are soppy too. He looks gray, but I have never seen a blue smokey cat that had a tuxedo on. :lol2:
0 x

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:49 pm

You've got me, I'm just as soppy as you gals over my 'babies' :lol:. Loved reading this thread :heart:

Chuckie - as for that blue smokey Charlie cat that has a tuxedo on, every time I look at him I find myself grinding my teeth :D

You may remember this - http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=84644
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”