Can This Be the Same Dog?

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Re: Can This Be the Same Dog?

Postby Chuckie » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:08 pm

One more......Milo showed up. He looks like his brother Otis. He is a little bit smaller, and his stripes are a little bit darker. Otis is more muted as they have Siamese somewhere in the back ground as you can tell. They are full brothers out of the same litter. They are about 10 years old.
0 x
There are three kinds of service:
Good - Cheap - Fast
Good service Cheap won't be Fast
Good service Fast that won't be Cheap
Fast service Cheap won't be Good

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:57 pm

Here they are out in the front yard, and they have found a new mole run. Chewy is right in there, but not able to do much, but he is trying.
He reminds me of the little Jack Russell statue that is digging and you can see his butt sticking out of the ground. :lol2:
0 x
Good - Cheap - Fast

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:53 pm

He sure does look like one of the gang. Those moles are a great resource for them when they find them they just dig em up. When my dogs find a rabbit in the yard they are usually in impossible places like under a pallet with heaps on top of it and they bark and then expect me to get it out for them.
Ken
0 x

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:27 pm

They are so cute chuckie!
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Thanks Branguscowgirl! With Chewy being a handful, I can't imagine there being 8 of them! If Abbey were to have puppies, I would be so picky where they went. It would be like an adoption and getting approved. :lol2:

Ken, it's funny how they like to find varmints under things and they look at you to pick up the pallets or wood. They bark and look at you with this great urgency for you to come quick. Their little faces make me want to help, and they really get excited as you lift things. They are so funny.
0 x
Good - Cheap - Fast

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Chewy is beginning to wrestle with Abbey more. His new tactical move is to get a head start, and run as fast as he can, and side swipe her. He keeps doing this until she knows that he is coming back for another drive by, and she rolls him. Abbey is so much heavier than he is and I have to make sure that she doesn't hold him down by sitting on him. The way they are beginning to play, I feel that Abbey will start to lose some weight. He is going to be really good for her and me both.

Buster is just a snob about the whole thing. Chewy is just the right height to stick his nose on Buster's balls, and when he does, Buster flinches and his tail drops like a nut cracker handle. Then he starts growling and I have to tell him to be nice.

Here, Abbey caught Chewy doing a drive by, and has rolled him in the grass. As soon as he can get up, he starts the process all over again. They are getting quite funny to watch. In the house, he comes running to me when Abbey starts getting the upper hand.
0 x
Good - Cheap - Fast

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Thanks Chuckie, he's adorable!!!! Love his markings. You are so lucky to see him grow up, I sometimes look at Miss Lacey and wonder what she was like as a pup. Sometimes sing 'You must have been a beautiful baby cause look at you now' to her :oops: ...I think she understands :lol:

Your cats are striking. Had one similar some years ago but he developed cancer around his eye :cry2:

Please keep us updated...with lots of pics.
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Thank you for saying nice things about Otis. He is a really sweet cat.
I am sorry about your cat that had eye cancer. :cry2: You will see him again.

Check out the collar I found for Chewy. It matches his hair!
0 x
Good - Cheap - Fast

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:51 pm

Chuckie wrote:Thank you for saying nice things about Otis. He is a really sweet cat.
I am sorry about your cat that had eye cancer. :cry2: You will see him again.

Check out the collar I found for Chewy. It matches his hair!

Looks like you sized Chewy's collar like my mom use to do my jeans....buy'em big and let you wear them long enough to grow into them. :lol2:
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:51 pm

TexasBred, I bought two of them. One is a tiny little collar for his little chicken neck, and the other is for when he grows up. It was easier to see the colors in the big collar, so I laid it on top of him while he was sleeping.

I remember the deal about getting the jeans a size too big. And let's not forget about the hand-me-downs. :lol2:
0 x
Good - Cheap - Fast

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:03 pm

I had made a bed for Rudy to sleep on a table beside the bed when he was here. He would jump up on the bed and then jump to the bedside table. I had the bed lined nicely around the outside, but Chewy keeps pulling it off. I had to line it as the table was high, and Rudy could see below the table through the plastic and was concerned about falling down. Now, Chewy is using it to sleep in a chair beside me at the computer. After he has been wrestling around with Abbey, he will come to me and bark for me to pick him up and put him in the ladder back chair bed. Here is one of him with a few of his toys and pig's ear. He wears out the pig's ears!

He will be 3 months old on December 17, and he already knows how to bark at the door when he wants in, and barks when he wants something. He will be smarter than I am when he gets a little older. :lol2:
Yeah, I love him, and he just seems that much more special to me. He still doesn't take Rudy's place, but I can love more than one dog as I love Buster and Abbey too.

My Mom keeps asking me if he is a girl or a boy. My Mom is suffering from Dementia, and it is getting worse. She cannot remember if her animals are boys or girls, so she cannot keep up with mine either. I will tell her it is a boy and she will say, "But he doesn't have any balls."
I tell her that he isn't old enough for them to show yet. When he goes to sleep and rolls over, she will look at his little weenie, and say, "Well that looks like a wart!"

I guess this goes to show you that it is true, that when we are kids, our parents take care of us, and then when our parents get older, we take care of them.
I know they say, "Kids say the darndest things." I couldn't find a saying for the parents!! :lol2:
0 x
Good - Cheap - Fast

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”