People please keep your dog's in your yard.

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
highgrit
GURU
GURU

People please keep your dog's in your yard.

Postby highgrit » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:11 pm

The wife and I went to town to shop for Thanksgiving. When we drove in the yard our dogs had killed someone's little black dog with a blue vest on it. Now my wife can't quit crying and someone is without their pet. We live 3/4 of a mile off the road, and it really pizzes me off having to deal with other people's stuff on our property.
0 x
" not all muslims are terrorist, but all the terrorist were muslim "

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: People please keep your dog's in your yard.

Postby Nesikep » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:18 pm

I totally get what you're saying, except around here it's usually me shooting the dog... a month ago there were two big Pyrenes dogs sitting 40 ft outside my door barking at the cows, I know who's dogs they are, so I fired a .308 round right between the two... I figure I can give them 1 warning shot between the two of them, next time one's going down. Talking to the owner is pointless.
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

torogmc81
Rancher
Rancher

Postby torogmc81 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Agreed. I don't allow my dog to go to your yard and you should do the same with yours.

Don't get me started on the neighbors horses getting in our yard/ pasture!!!!
0 x

highgrit
GURU
GURU

Postby highgrit » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:07 pm

I've had 14 horses, 3 donkeys and 1 big mule eating my oats and rye. And I don't own any horse's or the rest of the crap. So now I feed his animals my hay free of charge, and I also deliver it. :dunce:
0 x
" not all muslims are terrorist, but all the terrorist were muslim "

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:50 pm

highgrit wrote:I've had 14 horses, 3 donkeys and 1 big mule eating my oats and rye. And I don't own any horse's or the rest of the crap. So now I feed his animals my hay free of charge, and I also deliver it. :dunce:

I could burn those equines up with some bird shot and think nothing of it but never been able to shoot a dog...even a stray..I've shot toward a couple to run them off though. Maybe if they were killing a calf or something I could.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:23 pm

TexasBred wrote:I could burn those equines up with some bird shot and think nothing of it but never been able to shoot a dog...even a stray..I've shot toward a couple to run them off though. Maybe if they were killing a calf or something I could.

When my children were small I had a neighbor who had two pit bulls that he didn't keep penned. They'd chase people walking down the road, and my wife was afraid to let our children play outside. I talked to him about it, but he didn't do anything. It didn't bother me a bit to shoot them (and I didn't use birdshot).
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:54 pm

Rafter S wrote:
TexasBred wrote:I could burn those equines up with some bird shot and think nothing of it but never been able to shoot a dog...even a stray..I've shot toward a couple to run them off though. Maybe if they were killing a calf or something I could.

When my children were small I had a neighbor who had two pit bulls that he didn't keep penned. They'd chase people walking down the road, and my wife was afraid to let our children play outside. I talked to him about it, but he didn't do anything. It didn't bother me a bit to shoot them (and I didn't use birdshot).

Rafter I don't consider those things "dogs". Don't know what they are but should be banned from the country. I'll have to admit I'd probably not hesitate to blow one of those away.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:20 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Rafter S wrote:

Rafter I don't consider those things "dogs". Don't know what they are but should be banned from the country. I'll have to admit I'd probably not hesitate to blow one of those away.

Pitts can be great pets if they are raised right. They are very loving animals.

Yes, I have 2 living with me but they belong to my daughter. They are not allowed in the apartments where she lives.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Hook
GURU
GURU

Postby Hook » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:12 pm

You're not alone. We had a donkey in the garden last week. I put a shot behind it to run it out and called the guy and told him that someday his donkey may not come back home.
And the neighbor, who has goats and not a single fence, has had his goats in my field. They tasted ok.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:21 pm

TexasBred wrote:Rafter I don't consider those things "dogs". Don't know what they are but should be banned from the country.

BS, it isn;t the dog it's the owners!
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:32 pm

dun wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Rafter I don't consider those things "dogs". Don't know what they are but should be banned from the country.

I agree Dun. Too many Pits are just owned by the wrong people. They can be just as loyal as any dog.
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Pits are great dogs and very friendly, that said they do need to be raised right. On top of that they are very, very territorial and protective. Plus no dog is safe when it gets into a pack and a alpha dog emerges... Not to be confused with had 3 or 4 house dogs.

Plus I agree, if you have a dog, keep the thing on your property! :mad:
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:39 pm

branguscowgirl wrote:
dun wrote:

I agree Dun. Too many Pits are just owned by the wrong people. They can be just as loyal as any dog.

I told you that you should start worrying, this is one more thing we agree on!
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:50 pm

My friend has a Pitty, I wouldn't want to be caught tresspassing, but if you're his master's friend, he's an absolutely great dog, He's just a 12 year old puppy... I knew a Doberman that was an awesome dog too.
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:51 pm

I have a young female lab in heat. She is soon to be spayed, but I wanted to wait for her to finish growing. (They need those hormones while still developing.) I keep her in the house while she is in heat. I still had 3 little dogs in my yard today, all intact males. One little guy got caught between the picket fence rails while trying to escape. I went to help him and the other 2 ran across the road causing a utility van to slam on his brakes which sent his ladder flying off the top of his vehicle! I don't imagine he was too happy out on the highway picking it up.
Anyway, if people would properly neuter their dogs, they would stay home easier. What a shame for them to get killed just doing what comes natural to them.

Sad story highgrit. I would be upset also.
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”