Skunked

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
Alan
GURU
GURU

Re: Skunked

Postby Alan » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:03 am

M5farm wrote:
Alan wrote:Okay two things, I'm not trying to be an azz..... Sorry.

Dawn for killing fleas??? Really why did we not hear of this years ago? Try frontline, advantage, or revolution, but use it right get it on the skin not just in the the hair.

Skunk, years ago I had two or three times it was needed. Soak the dog with warm water and scrub the crap out of him/her with tomatoe juice. Sounds weird but it does/did work. Good luck getting skunk out is not fun.

dawn has been used for years for washing animals. they even have a picture of a duck covered in oil on it some times.

Dawn is fine for a bath, I was referring to killing fleas.
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

M5farm
GURU
GURU

Postby M5farm » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:30 am

0 x
Move along, nothing to see here.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:46 pm

Wash in Dawn then spray down with Free breeze(sp) works pretty darn good. Jack Russells
are notorious for making a living killing skunks.
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

highgrit
GURU
GURU

Postby highgrit » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:04 am

A good dandruff shampoo will kill fleas. I guess the wife needs to try the dandruff shampoo for oily hair.
0 x
" not all muslims are terrorist, but all the terrorist were muslim "

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:57 am

Never heard of Dawn for a skunk spray but it is the best flea shampoo on the market.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Luca Brasi
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Luca Brasi » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:10 pm

Dawn will kill fleas, but no better or no worse than any other shampoo. They all act as surfactants which break the surface tension of the water so that it can get to the fleas and drown them. It is no miracle cure, no breaking news and it doesn't do anything that any other shampoo hasn't already been doing for years. It's amazing how quickly people want to believe how all sorts of hocus pocus home remedies and concoctions can cure everything from acne to cancer.
0 x

Fire Sweep Ranch
GURU
GURU

Postby Fire Sweep Ranch » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:37 pm

Luca Brasi wrote:Dawn will kill fleas, but no better or no worse than any other shampoo. They all act as surfactants which break the surface tension of the water so that it can get to the fleas and drown them. It is no miracle cure, no breaking news and it doesn't do anything that any other shampoo hasn't already been doing for years. It's amazing how quickly people want to believe how all sorts of hocus pocus home remedies and concoctions can cure everything from acne to cancer.

Kind of like diatomaceous earth???? Someone sold me on a line that it also kills fleas. Sprinkle it on the dogs, put it in their bedding, and feed it to them and *poof* no more fleas.... WRONG!!! I now have a 50 pound sack of the stuff... Sitting in my garage... And a vacuum (Dyson) that is so loud when you run it that it hurts your ears... Because of that crap! DOES NOT WORK to get rid of fleas... Just ask our 5 dogs and one cat.... They will vouch for me... :dunce:
0 x
God, family, and Simmental cattle; that's what makes life worth living!

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:31 pm

Aw c'mon FSR--why all the angst??
you know that stuff is a miracle worker--kills fleas, bedbugs, deworms cattle, prevents scours, cures cancer, and keeps 3 toed slots away. I was out last week, putting a few grains of it on my windshield right after supper (because it keeps the frost off of the windshield) happened to inhale a couple of specks of the dust and went on to bed, felt like a 20 yr old--3 days later my wife told me I needed to get a couple of girlfriends cuz she she just couldn't handle anymore....lawd only knows what would happen if one were to mix some apple cider vinegar with it---world peace would instantly break out and all my calves would come with no trouble and wean at 900lbs.
:lol: :roll:
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

3waycross
Mentor
Mentor

Postby 3waycross » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:43 pm

Last fall when i was pheasant hunting in SD my dog got skunked going into a slew. I just hunted her to the other end about 1/2 a mile. She rubbed her head in the grass a lot and even puked up some skunk spray. When we got to the other end we went to the store and bought a couple of quarts of very think tomato juice and rubbed it all over her then rinsed her off . We then went back to the farm and washed her with some kind of people shampoo that they used on their horses. Whe I was done she was about 90% deskunked.
Her kennel still stunk some but she was very tolerable after that.
0 x
USA.......... ride for the brand or get out!

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:44 pm

Lots of chicken people think DE is the greatest wormer ever made. Can chicken people be wrong? :lol:
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:04 pm

slick4591 wrote:Lots of chicken people think DE is the greatest wormer ever made. Can chicken people be wrong? :lol:

It really is a good insecticide though. :nod:
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”